Terrorist Hits London .uk

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Thanks for keeping us updated Mike. I've been reading about it in the news, our hearts and prayers go out to all in the UK, and especially those affected by all this.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
My nephew and his family live in London so hope all is well with them. Will there ever be a time we don't have to worry about terrorism. I guess in some way we can blame our forefathers for the way they treated the rest of the world.

petepuma

Jan 26, 2005
Salem, Oregon
Why me said:
6 bombs gone off 15 mins from where i live in london lots hurt londond at standstill waiting to be recalled to my dockyard on high alert.mike

I think most of us would say that what ever you guys need to "get the job done" you can have. We will always stand by the UK...

Hoist that Union Jack up and kick some you-know-what...

Why me

Mar 29, 2004
london uk
Visit site
Land of Hope and Glory
Land of Hope and Glory, Mother of the Free,
How shall we extol thee, who are born of thee?
Wider still and wider shall thy bounds be set;
God, who made thee mighty, make thee mightier yet.

There'll always be an England,
words & music Ross Parker & Hughie Charles
I give you a toast Ladies and gentlemen,
I give you a toast Ladies and gentlemen
May this fair land we love so well,
In Dignity and freedom dwell.
while worlds may change and go awry,
Whilst there is still one voice to cry!---
There'll always be an England,
While there's a country lane.
Wherever there's a cottage small
Beside a field of grain
There'll always be an England
While there's a busy street.
Wherever there's a turning wheel
A million marching feet.
Red, white and blue
What does it mean to you?
Surely you're proud
Shout it loud
Britons awake!
The Empire too
We can depend on you.
Freedom remains
These are the chains
Nothing can break.
There'll always be an England
And England shall be free
If England means as much to you
As England means to me.

Iron Goat

Apr 9, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by this terrible act. These terrorist's who misguidedly think that this will make the Brit's fold-up truly do not know the resolve of our friends in the United Kingdom.

Bob :thumb:

Why me

Mar 29, 2004
london uk
Visit site
Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner,
That I love London so.
Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner
That I think of her wherever I go.
I get a funny feeling inside of me
Just walking up and down.
Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner
That I love London Town.

Why me

Mar 29, 2004
london uk
Visit site
Londoners out in force to fight the good fight we shall and will not be beaten over this we laught together ,cry together now we will fight harder stronger together rest assured on that .mike going into the heart of my counrty LOOKING ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE

To all Fellow LONDONER model railroaders:

My and my family's sympathy and condolence go with the people of London and England at large. This heinous act is not only a crime to the people of London but also to the greater majority of the peoples of Islam. This conduct is unbecoming Muslims where tolerance is injunctioned by Quranic teaching. And because of the acts of a very few demented and angry people (who should refrained from calling themselves Muslims), the majority has now to find explanations to dispute that this is not Islamic and the culprits are not Muslims.

My personal condolence.....

Muhammad Farouk S. Tan
Sultanate of Oman and

Zamboanga City, the Philippines

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Sincere condolences to the victims of this outrage and their families. Recent pictures and articles I've seen here in the States about the resolve of the Birtish people impressed me as they returned to work and rode the busses and tubes again. May the perpetrators of this cowardly act be apprehended soon.
Ralph

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
Matthyro said:
My nephew and his family live in London so hope all is well with them. Will there ever be a time we don't have to worry about terrorism. I guess in some way we can blame our forefathers for the way they treated the rest of the world.
It seems that there are two ingredients that make terrorists act. 1 an attempt of the powerful to manipulate the weaker, and 2 a misguided attempt to retaliate to those attempts.
Ever since WWII the major governments have meddled in the affairs of smaller countries. Sadly, my own government is first on that list. First it was to fight the other powerful government in the world, the USSR. When that government fell a quarter of a century ago the manipulations didn't stop, they just shifted from a political goal to a financial one, backing one country against another in order to obtain the riches of that country regardless of the character of it's leader. Saddam Husain and Manuel Noriega being just the latest examples.
Now we are paying the price of both the initial meddling, and the effort to clean up the mess that the meddling caused.
The second part of the equation is the inhabitants of that region who just don't want us there, period. Whether it is because they see us as an obstacle to their attempts to gain power or whatever their reason, they are fighting back with the only means at their disposal, terrorism.
Ironically it is a reflection on the U.S. revolutionary war. England was used to fighting wars where both sides lined up in groups and marched at each other. When the colonists invented guerrilla warfare hiding behind rocks and trees they didn't know how to fight that kind of war. Now we are faced with effectively the same dilemma. We are used to fighting a war with an entire country with established battlefields and rules of engagement. This war has neither.
Robin, you wondered if there will ever be a time when we won't have to worry about terrorism. I'm afraid that it's like getting the genie back in the bottle. As long as there is a group of people who are dissatisfied with their situation, it will most likely be via the violence at their disposal and not words that they feel will be the only means of retaliation.
It is doubly sad that most of these groups will be the radical fringes of legitimate groups, usually religious, which will tarnish and threaten the majority of those groups who are peace loving people.
We are living in a new world my friends, and I personally feel that the clock can not be turned back. :( :( :( :(
So much for my rant. If it is inappropriate the moderator has my blessings to delete it.