Terminator T800, no longer available??

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by GT5500, Apr 25, 2006.

1. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Hi there I have seen a few websites with a T800 paper model but I can't find anywhere to buy it from, it appears to have been deleted. Does anyone know where it can be found? It looks to be a good model.
  2. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Hobby Link Japan www.hlj.com still lists it though it is marked as discontinued. This means only that it is no longer being printed. You can still order one from them and you will not be billed unless/until they find you a copy.

James Coffey (Jimbo) also still shows a copy available www.papermodelworld.net
  3. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Yeah I know but the chances of them finding on if it is discontinued must be pretty slim right? and that other site wants $65 for it! I think I will leave it if it has become that rare.
  4. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

HLJ will pull a listing only if there's no reasonable chance of their acquiring an item.

$60-$65 US is the normal price range for that kit.
  5. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Oh ok I didn't realise it had got that exspensive it was only about $20 when it was available generally.
  6. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

I will correct myself. I hadn't been to HLJ's site for two days and while it was there then it is gone now.
  7. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

If I'm not mistaken, the kit I saw is actually a vinyl kit, not paper. It is rare, and not paper, hence the price.
  8. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

This is the 1/2 scale T-800 endoskeleton papercraft kit.
    142 pages on metallic silver stock.
  9. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

I guess I was wrong! If anyone finds any, let me know. I want one!
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I found one but I don't think it's worth $102.79 Canadian.
  11. SteveM

SteveM Member

These are some old links that still seem to work, although they are in japanese and might be saying "out of stock" or "still available":

http://shop.kodansha.jp/bc2_bc/search_view.jsp?b=3645991 3,990yen

I think this says list price 3,990 yen with 4 used available for 9,800 yen:

To GT5500: the price printed on the book is 3,990 yen, which would be about $40, not $20.

12. Aylwin42

Aylwin42 Aylwin

Terminator T800 Papermodel

Edited for content
  13. gwssms

gwssms Member

Of course you are breaking the rules...it's copyrighted material you are offering to distribute.
  14. Aylwin42

Aylwin42 Aylwin

I'm very sorry about the T800 post. The model appears to be scans of the book. I'll refrain from posting copyrighted materials without permission from the creator.
  15. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thank you Alwin42. We appreciate that.

I am leaving this part of the thread intact for the benefit of our newer members.

We do not allow sharing of copyrighted materials on this forum.
    We are here to share our experiences in card modeling and we have a lot of fun doing it too.

There are countless free models available on the Internet, for your enjoyment,
    which rival and sometimes surpass the quality of a published, copyrighted, work.
    Also, you couldn't build all the free models available in a lifetime!
    Check out our "Internet Finds" and "Downloads" forums for more models than you can shake a stick at!
    Get some of them, enjoy, share with us your experiences, and don't forget to thank the designers for their talents, hard work, and mostly, their generosity!

And, at the very least, let us never forget, sharing of copyright material is theft, even if you are only on the receiving end.

Nuff said.

16. neilgomes

neilgomes New Member

i have it. the T800 endoskeleton. its 1:2

if you are interested in the endoskeleton just email me. I do have it. the file size is big. About 60mb. the scale is 1:2. my cousin bought it from japan during a holiday a while back.

I also have the T800 head scale at 1:1 papermodel.

my email EMAIL REMOVED

17. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

This is a copyrighted kit, please don't offer to send scans of it again.
  18. kcpstudio

kcpstudio Member

19. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member