Tennis ball chuckers for your dog

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by rickstef, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Hi all,

I would like to convey my satisfaction with this product, bought it this morning

The reason I bought this, is, my parents are dog sitting a 4-5 year old black labrador, and he loves chasing after toys you throw.

frisbees, tennisballs, sticks and the like.

the small one in the link above is the one i bought, perfect for the backyard my parents have, the big one I would have bought if I had a big park nearby to chuck the ball 100-150 yards.

I am not hurting my arm by throwing the ball, and i do not have to touch the slobbered ball, i can use the stick and push the ball into it with my foot

Just wanted to make those dog owners who's dogs love to chase toys aware of this back saving, and easy to use toy

2. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

I wonder how far it would fling a model that didn't turn too good?!?:roll:
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Pretty cool, Rick, thanks!8)
    I might have to get one but I'm thinking of mounting the small one vertically, to the front deck railing somehow.
    The deck is already a few feet off the ground so the railing is maybe 8-9 feet up. My front yard is 300 feet deep and downhill, from the house.
    I can use this as a sort of launcher to get the ball going and not have to throw at all, as throwing hurts my back.
    Getting my dog to bring the ball back so I can throw it again, is a different problem, altogether!:cry:

4. charliec

charliec Active Member

5. cdcoyle

cdcoyle Member

We have owned several Chuck Its over the years and can testify that they are great fun for both dog and human. Best thing is, it increases the amount of work a dog has to do to complete a retrieve, thus fewer throws, which is wonderful for ball-crazy dogs. Just don't forget to put it away when done, as Fido will think the Chuck It doubles as a chew toy. :cry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.