Tell me 'bout the Mini-T

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Justin_E, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

I was thinking about getting a Losi Mini-T. Anyone who has one please tell me what I need to know about them before getting one. Thanks
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

hmm where to start. Useing AA's are ok but it is slow! Upgrade to battery packs. The suspenshion is crap so if you cant get ahold of the teamlosi shocks,or another manufactures shockstake large zip ties and put them on the shockbodys(pull the spring down first). ask some questions about amini tand if not me someone elese will answer them.
  3. pimp

pimp Active Member

it is a crap idea i think u can get mini at wall mart and it is electric
  4. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

if I upgrade to battery packs how long do they take to charge and how long does the battery last? Also how much are these battrey packs and charger?
  5. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

pimp-you cant buy a quality mini car from walmart!

Justin-packs start from 20 bucks up to 50 bucks. I charger is about 40-45 bucks, it all depends. Battery packs give the mini t more power, and about the same amount of run time as aa's. When I first got my home made battery packs, I put them into the car and it flew. I will never go back to AA's
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

for chargeing, it depends. Team Losi sells a charger that can charge therepacks in about 2hours, but they also released a quick charger, I dont know off hand how longit takes fore that 1
  7. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

If I get one, I will definitely get some battery packs.
  8. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

the minit is a great little stadium truck and it is very durable and jumps well. It is by far the best 1/18 out there and has a very well designed 3 speed transmision. As mentioned above the first upgrade would be the battery pack. the next shocks/oil filled alloy shocks make a big difference gmp makes good ones that are cheap, the next would be a hop up motor. you can trick these things out in full alloy and even install brushless motors..... they are very fast. the batt pack makes a huge difference. have fun they rock!
  9. pimp

pimp Active Member

dj i wasent saying u can buy a mini t from wall mart i am saying that if u want small electric rc's that are not fun go with a mini t u can buy 1/18 scales at wal mart that is the most pop. rc's scale there is at wall mart and electrics are no fun grow into bigger thingsas in nitro
  10. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

you must be thinkingof the mad force,there is no 3 speed tranny in a Mini t
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.