Tekin is Back!!!

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by mastmec, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mastmec

mastmec Member

Those of you all that have been in this hobby for a while will probably remember them or have some of their products. They are back up and running.
    www.teamtekin.com
  2. atc1100rider

atc1100rider Member

tekin yes they were the best
  3. I used to have a wicked old tekin speed control and that thing would never die! I beat the crap outta it and it kept on ticking. Tekin is definitly a great brand!
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

ID Me #5

Tekin!!

i had a Tekin 420G2.it could handle 20 cells on one motor.you couldnt kill it on a 6cell pack even if you tryed!

i hope they came out with somthing like that again.
  5. Hah, that is how I remember my old Tekin...
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

did they have good price tages on these things or were theyt a little expensive?
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

oh they were in the high cost range back then but i bought into them anyway.im telling you from my experience.Tekin was good.i am Happy they are back! them guys are good
  8. atc1100rider

atc1100rider Member

i had one it was awomee
  9. monsterrcbuilder04

ya i hate the fact that i cant buy all the expensive stuff
  10. timrock

timrock Active Member

alot of the expensive stuff you dont need for what ever you want to do.if anyone needs the expensive stuff they would really know what they are doing.
  11. mastmec

mastmec Member

I guess thats why you still use 1500's and a timer charger with your Traxxas Rustler and AM radio (far as the eye can see!?)
  12. timrock

timrock Active Member

so you are saying i dont know whay i am doing?give me a break

this guy is an as s
  13. timrock

timrock Active Member

it would be nice to have a charger that can charge a 16 cell pack but i dont need it.it would be nice to have an FM radio.but i dont need it.i dont have a problem with my AM at all.
    and i charge all my cells in seperate packs.so to buy all that expensive stuff you should really know what you are doing because you may not need it.
  14. timrock

timrock Active Member

15. monsterrcbuilder04

ya i dont do that much racing its all pretty much bashing. the 1700's that i have work fine.
  16. atc1100rider

atc1100rider Member

so if i spend about 200 into my stampede that means i dont know what i am doing if oi put 200 into my emaxx that mean i dont know what i am doing if i had a 200 charger then i dont what i am doing
    ???

so at this point i have about 1,000 to about 2,000 dollers worth of rc stuff in my room this mean i odnt know what i am doing ??
  17. mastmec

mastmec Member

To all concerned, my last post was just to timrock.
    I used 1500scr's for many years, 6 yrs to be exact, untill they just were too tired to run any more, man I miss those cells, best ever, anyway, I also used a timer charger for a long time. I knew what I was doing, just couldn't afford a $250.00 charger. Tim just states crap that gets me going, and I argue with him (mostly just for fun to see what stupid thing he will say next). So I apoligise to all (except tim) and will keep it down.
  18. timrock

timrock Active Member

you miss those cells?if you knew what you were doing as you said,you would still have them.

what you need to do,after running the battery down is: before sticking it on the charger right after,use a discharger and monitor it with a Volt Meter and bring the Voltage down to 7.2 for a 6 cell pack.

if you dont do this.your cells will develope `memory`.that was your problem.you call it `the bateries got too tired`.
  19. timrock

timrock Active Member

20. timrock

timrock Active Member

i have old 1200s that are still good from over 10 years ago.because i knew what i was doing.i dont use them often because they are not quality cells and have little runtime.

i use 2000mAh Sanyo
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.