Technical site question...

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
When I hover the mouse over the thread topic, I get to see a preview teaser of the first couple sentences of the thread. Trouble is, it only comes up for like 3 seconds and I rarely get to finish reading the preview before I have to move the mouse around and come back to it to finish reading the teaser. Would it be possible to have that preview stay on the screen for just a couple more seconds before it fades away?
Clear as mud? If this does not make sense, give me a "HUH?" and I will try and explain it differently.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
I know nothing of the technical aspects of this feature, but I agree with your suggestion of a slightly longer viewing time, as some of these "teasers" can be a bit difficult to grasp the meaning of quickly, due to spelling or punctuation inaccuracies. I think that this is one of the technical features that really adds to this Forum, as you can quickly determine if the thread is of any interest to you. In my opinion, the Model Railroader site could be vastly improved with the addition of this feature, as you have to open each thread to learn what it's really about. With their high rate of gratuitous posts, it would save a lot of time wasted on stuff like "my 2000th post", "there's 2001", etc., etc. Even though we don't have too much of that kind of stuff going on here, not all topics are of interest to all viewers: it allows us a quick check in order to make sure that we don't miss something of interest.

Wayne

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Fear not, it's clear enough. :thumb: I'll take a look at this and see if either Mikey or myself have any control over this. If not, we can talk to Peter, but you've got a good point, it should stay there long enough to read the line.

I'll be baaaack...:D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
I couldn't find anything. Just that I timed it out and it's around five seconds (imperically done):D. It only shows the first line of the first post, so anything after that you have to go into the thread to see anyway. There is no setting to enable or disable this, nor to set time it shows.