Tear Down The Wall.......

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
With regards to Pink Floyd..............
This wall(pic1) had been a pain in the opposite side of my lap since I started
building my layout after buying my house. Maybe thats why I haven't been pumped, and its taken me seven years to get this far.

In the third pic, you can see behind the building, where I thought cutting a hole in it would help..................Nah.........It didn't.

So...I tore down the wall. (Pic2)which really wasn't more than a partition.
Now...I pumped. Maybe now I can finish the bench work.

Attachments

• wall1.jpg
    wall1.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 5
  • wall2.jpg
    wall2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 94
  • wall3.jpg
    wall3.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 6

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
Eighty eight ,about 10 years ago I had a attic similar to yours. I could only use about a 10 foot wide area down the middle. Removed the back roof of the house (left side of picture) built the walls up to 6 feet and redid the roof. It was going to be the master bed room but then lost my wife(in a divorce) so now its the train room. There is no way I would have the energy to do it now so glad it got done then.
newlayout057.jpg

Thanks

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Way to go..'88....Taking the plunge on something like that can really make your day....!!
I did something like that years ago....I was itching to expand my RR, but the only place left to go was into a large closet....I thought & thought about it, and one day I just went at it...Unhung the sliding doors, ripped out the shelves...and there it was....place for a mine with 3 spurs and a team track...!!! From the mine it was a short run to make the RR an around the walls affair...Sure made running the trains a LOT more fun...!!!