TC3 Ride problems...

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by SpArKeY_STi, Jul 3, 2004.

1. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Ok, im not really sure if its a problem, but its buggin me. On my TC3 i have no droop set. But i have the shocks on and my problem is this. My rear "droops" down further then the front. So i was setting the ride hight and where i want it i only had to twist the front 7 times, but the rear is almost all the way down, yet still droops a bit. I have the shock positions set to where the front is in the middle and rear is the inner most. What could my problem be? Is it just me trippin? is it doing this due to spring? (Blue front, silver rear). Or what?

Thanks.
  2. Keddy

Keddy Guest

sounds like your rear springs are a little too soft
  3. RC-Drift.com

RC-Drift.com Guest

If you lift the rear end off the ground will the droop be sufficient, or are the shocks at full extension already and they just need inner spacers removing

Kev
  4. ARC-Ltd

ARC-Ltd Guest

Yip your springs are too soft - get some spacers for them and stiffen her up but not too much!
  5. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Its not the springs. Im running Blues on the front, white on the back. (Med fronts, Hardest Rear). The shaft sizes are the same, have the ride height set the same, no droop. The only thing i can think of is Akerman blocks are causeing it...
  6. ARC-Ltd

ARC-Ltd Guest

You may have med- hard springs but do you have any spacers in at all? I found adding just one on the back stopped the droop i had.
  7. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Trust me... my shocks are the exact same. Same legth, same setting, only diff is the spring rate.

Its the akerman... my shit is backwards. This post is so old. The guy who owned it before me had the akerman settting backward to give him more... much more...