tc3 lops out one way but barely turns the other

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by sidewaysman, Jul 7, 2004.

1. sidewaysman

sidewaysman Guest

rite now im using electric tape wheels. goin' to pvc. my car loops out turned to the left and does donuts. but hardly turns to the right. what am i doin' wrong
  2. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Guest

check your steering arms and your servo. it sounds like you need to readjust your servo alignment, cus it shouldnt be doing that. and, if you havent already, put tape on all four tires.
  3. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

it could also be the diffs hard to say though without actually seeing or driving the car
  4. sidewaysman

sidewaysman Guest

the rear arms were not equal. now usin' pvc tires. kinda loops out both ways
  5. RC-Drift.com

RC-Drift.com Guest

rear arms not being equal shouts at me that the shocks are all different lengths

OR

there are unequal inner spacers in the shocks

OR

the downstops are not the same

OR

spring preload is different on both sides of the car

OR

the bottom shock mouont is in a different hole

OR

the top shock mount is in a different hole

OR

something dead simple like a stone chip stuck in the inner hingepin (put a bit of very soft foam in that space to prevent this :wink: )

If you don't have downstops then its shocks, take them off and measure the lengths between the screw eyes when the shocks are fully extended, if you can measure them with a vernier/digital caliper. You can get them the same length by simply screwing the shock rod ball mount

Basically your car has to be tweak free before running it because it makes a big difference with miniscule traction

Here's a brill tweak tutorial on Losi's site http://www.teamlosi.com/xxxs_page/xxxs_droop.htm

and here's Tony Phalens (Associated Pro Driver) tuning database http://ebiz.netopia.com/competitionx/informationdatabase/

there's a link about tweak there too!

...oh yeah, it loops because it wants to Drift, try controlling it, but forget everything you know about grip driving, this wants to go sideways, your initial reaction will be too cut the throttle which just throws the back out further, try using opposite lock (steer in the direction the back end is swinging) then feed some throttle in, the 4WD will pull it back in line

Enjoy :wink:
  6. sidewaysman

sidewaysman Guest

there was a rock stuck under the inner hinge pin. i was setting steering trow w/ my new radio. all fixed
  7. RC-Drift.com

RC-Drift.com Guest

note the tip bud