Tayder - Challenge #2 - Kitbashing

Discussion in 'Competitions & Challenges' started by Tayder, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Tayder

Tayder Member

Okay, I found this kit in amongst a bunch of stuff that came in a package purchased on eBay. Anyone familiar with this brand? I have never heard of it but that is of no consequence. The instructions call it a "Backwoods Freight Station". I figure to bash it into a backwoods depot/freight house. As you can see the kit is pretty sparse on materials. I think the previous owner may have misplaced the roofing material (although there are a couple of pieces of cardboard with which to form the roof). Nonetheless, I have lots of scratchbuilding materials and I'm getting excited about doing the project! :thumb:

2. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Nothing like picking up fodder for a project.
    Can't wait to see what you come up with.
  3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Great way to start. I've gon the other way and started with a depot I had no use for and gunna make sumptin' else out of it. I got a few roof parts left over if you need some...:D :D

Looking forward to seeing your progress.:wave:
  4. Tayder

Tayder Member

Making a little progress with my kit-bash. Vacation put a dent in the process but it's getting there!

Attached Files:

5. Tayder

Tayder Member

Challenge completed

And...pretty much done. This building will still need a platform when I find a home for it. For now though, I think I've done all the damage that I'm going to do!

Attached Files:

6. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

looks mighty fine .
  7. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

looks mighty fine .