Tax deductions

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
As the end of the year comes, and we start thinking of April 15, so we should also be thinking of tax credits as in tax deductible donations.

If you have any train related items just sitting around or you might have been saving for a garage sale, consider donating it to a toy train museum and take the tax deduction for it. You may get more from the deduction and from the garage sale and you would be helping the Museum.

What you don’t know of one in your area, well here is one

The Western Reserve Model Railroad Museum
7471 unit L Tyler Blvd.
Mentor, Ohio 44060

www.wrmrrm.shutterfly.com

wrmrrm@sbcglobal.net

This museum is in the process of building 7 different scale operating layout and is a 501c3 non-profit.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Tom, I'm glad we had our conversation the other day. I will be sending things to you for the Museum's sake. I really don't care about the tax thing. I think you [especially you] and your gang are doing a good thing for the model railroad hobby.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Thanks Chief.

You don't know how many times I hear that someone just through out some old train parts (something that we could have used to repair another old engine) or old track that we could have saved and used.

Many times we received engines that aren't running and we repair them ourselves and get them running for the Museum. :thumb:

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
sorry, you are a 11 months late, 11 months ago i donated a 32" tv box full of my old HO stuff to the Penn Central RR Club in oskaloosa IA, and ended up joining 10 months ago. but if i still had any id send it to you!. id sure like to see this museum you keep talking about, is there a web site?

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
When our club was up in Carson City, Nevada as guests of the Carson City model railroad club last Labor Day weekend, the Carson City club was selling off items from the estate of a member who had passed away. His widow had donated the man's collection to the Nevada State Railroad Museum. The local model railroad club had built a fully sceniced model railroad at the museum that runs on dcc. It has push buttons on the edge of the layout. When kids going through the museum push the button, the train runs. As soon as the button is released the train stops. They used much of the member's collection for the railroad, but they wanted only railroads that operated in the Reno/Carson City area on the layout, so that meant V & T, SP, and modern UP. Everything else they were selling with the proceeds going to the treasury of the "Friends of the Nevada State Railroad Museum." Their current project is to build a new right of way from Virginia City to Carson City to have regularly scheduled trains operating from Carson City to Virginia City and back.