Tatra 815 6x6 race truck Rallye Dakar ´88

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by Bernie, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Bernie

Bernie Member

Hi everybody, let me introduce a new model to be issued in Czech Rep. as of September this year /now under my beta-test/ of designer Roman Hruska.
    Model 1:32will be printed on 8pages of A4 /containing bonus models in scale 1:100 and 1:300/ - very detailed model with cabine interior.

Let me know pls if anybody from "here" would like to have this model - that can arrange sale via Joseph´s SPI models and to prepare english version of built instruction.

thank you

ps picture showing actual version of beta test /with additional patina-coating with coloured-chalks dust/
  2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I want two copies!!!!!!!

Great looking model
    this is a must build, and english instructions would be great.

3. Bernie

Bernie Member

OK Rick - will advise author as well as Joseph and will start with translating, but now see the 12valves V construction air cooled engine.

Trust that can hear the noise :D
  4. rickstef

rickstef Guest

this is great, are you going to build the other two also?

and have all 3 in the same display?

i can't wait to see this one

5. Bernie

Bernie Member

Rick, I will try to build also these two small models:

1:300 - will be one one-part to be built model
    1:100 - will be advanced model of "minibox" type consisting of 60parts!

but if you want to see them and a LOT more from author´s built of 1:32 or 1:16!! version - check this:

/next model to be issued by Roman Hruska should be TATRA 8x8 Dakar´88 TOTAL/

btw - have you got any data concerning Turbotwin DAF ´88??
  6. rickstef

rickstef Guest

i wish i did.

the only two i remember are the Turbo Twin 1986 and Turbo Twin 2 1987

I just moved back to the USA in late 1987, so i missed Dakar 1988, and the Turbo Twin 1988

you might want to email the De Rooy team at www.dakar-derooy.com and see if they are willing to help

i wish i had more info on the 1988 Turbo Twin myself

the bigger version of the Tatra 8x8 will be a welcome addition to my collection, i built the Minibox version, and you can see the build thread here

Oh man, this must be the year of the Dakar models, totally cool
  7. Bernie

Bernie Member

8. Bernie

Bernie Member

9. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Very nice Bernie, very impressed

looks a lot better than that 1986 kit from ABC

10. Bernie

Bernie Member

model is finished /trust that asap will arrive to you - print is schedulled to be started in first week of September/
  11. Bernie

Bernie Member

Rick, two more pictures specially for you:

Meeting of Tatra Dakar ´88 6x6 author Roman Hruska /left standing/ with a living legend Karel "Lopré" Loprais - Mr. Dakar

and the sales point of Tatra Dakar ´88 in Ostrava /1st October/ - here is author middle standing, me left standing

and one more picture for everybody else who likes Dakar trucks - we did a Tatra meeting of 2pcs Tatra ´88 and Tatra ´02 and Tatra ´03

12. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Thank you very much, that is a very nice set of picture

I can't wait to get the model

13. modelincard

modelincard Member

I'd like a copy when it comes out. It looks cool [​IMG] When and where will it be?
  14. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Joseph at Spi Shop(www.e-papermodels.com) will have it

doubt that any of US distributors will have it