Tamiya HotShot 2 Upgardes Motor & ESC ?

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by inihilator, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inihilator

inihilator New Member

Hello Everyone, New to Site i Am looking to Upgrade my hotshot 2's one of them i have a trinity motor that has been in there for years but i want to add an electronic speed controller and do not know what type i need or what would be good for this unit as it gets so dirty? the second on i want to add a new trinity motor but do not know thtype i need or what the " turns" mean? i still want them to have reverse. Any help? Thanks guys
  2. chewey185

chewey185 Member

simpley put the number of turns is the number of timie a piece of copper wire is wraped around the poles the lower the number of turns the faster youl go but the more amps it will draw through the esc so u dont want to git a moter with a lower turn number then youe esc can handel if u git a 19turn esc dont git a 15 turn moter i use a tazer esc it cost 40 bucks and can handel a 15 turn has reverse and iv ha no problems so far and id also sugest the new trinity colbolt 15 turn moter runs good and dosent git all retarded when it gits wet hope this helped any more questions just ask
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.