Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by cjd, Aug 9, 2007.

1. cjd

cjd Member

Attached Files:

2. That is one amazing model! Thanks for posting.
  3. Ponytail

Ponytail Member

Unfortunatly at a rather low-res...
    Looks like a Greek statue of a warrior, right?
    Or a mythical figure?
  4. halfchips

halfchips New Member

its from the original jason and the argonauts film,a huge statue that came to life and was defeated by unscrewing a plug from its heel which drained all of its oil out.
  5. daredevilbr

daredevilbr Member

6. Nexus9

Nexus9 Member

Ahh...Ray Harryhausen. What a genius. His stop-motion creations would make great papercraft. Thanks very much for posting this.
  7. The resolution is fine for the subject Ponytail. The model is a good representation of the giant animated bronze statue, Talos, from "Jason and the Argonauts". That movie thrilled me as a kid when I saw it from the front row of the Academy Theater in the early '60s. I saw bits of it recently on TV and the stop motion animation still holds up pretty good, even today.This model brought back some fond memories and is one I definitely intend to build soon. I've already downloaded a copy. The model is more copperish in color that the photos indicate. I think it will be striking when finished, with the base and all.
  8. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I loved those old stop motion adventure movies!! I'll definitely have to get me a copy of this model, even if I'm the only person I can think of locally who will recognize it... :rolleyes: