Talk like a pirate day

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by charliec, Sep 18, 2006.

1. charliec

charliec Active Member

It might be an IT thing but tomorrow Sept 19th is "Talk like a pirate day".

There's an official website:

(or should that be Aaarr...avast ye lubbers...)

2. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

And there be a short quiz givin' ye yer pirate name when done.

Dread Pirate Rackham signin' off fer now...
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Your pirate name is:
    Dread Pirate Bonney.....arrg!
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Bloody Sam Flint
  5. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Dread Pirate Kidd.
    Says im good at making money but I can't even get a job at a fast food place.... Me thinks something is messed up here :roll:
  6. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Mad William Kidd
  7. dinsour

dinsour Member

What the heck does that mean? I'm a gentil soul with a brillent mind.

I AM I AM I AM I AM, I think?

Duh bye now
    --&# Ron
  8. cecil.severs

cecil.severs New Member

Iron Jack Kidd

Toughness, steadiness and planning make me a fine, reliable pirate.

9. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Avast there you scurvy swabs!

Jus' practising.....

Wunwinglow (The Silver Arrow)
  10. Kaz

Kaz Member

Oi be Captain Blade McSlain, Actually my real name is Ken and my mothers spinster sisters used to own a pie shop in Cornwall, and on the back wall they displayed the prices for all their pies in Cornish. Well all the locals knew what they were, but the ents (tourists) didnt. So when ever the assistants were asked what the writing on the wall was, they replied:- Its the Pie Rates of Ken's Aunts
  11. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Booooooo.... Hissssssss.... :wink:
  12. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Arr...Every pirate is a little bit crazy. I am, though, more than just a little bit. Even though I'm not always the traditional swaggering gallant, my steadiness and planning make me a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!

Guess that's why parrots flock to me. :)
  13. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Oh......... my............... they didn't sing anything did they?
  14. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I would like to introduce my Pirate Alter Ego

Iron Jack Bonney

A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person.
    That's okay with you, though, since you a tough person.
    You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!

Rick "Iron Jack" Steffers
  15. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Yar... I have a prosthetic wooden head.
  16. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Scupper me timbers...Aaarrrghhh...

My pirate name is:

Bloody William Flint
    Every pirate lives for something different. For some, it's the open sea. For others (the masochists), it's the food. For you, it's definitely the fighting. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!
  17. Wolfshead57

Wolfshead57 Member

Just to throw my twopeneth' worth in my family had a relative hung for Piracy on the high sea's he was hung in Virginia USA. Forgot the name of the Govenor at the time but he had a real downer on pirates, and was eventualy recalled to the UK by the King. He was upsetting trade too much in the colonies. Anyway our research showed our relative was caught during an amnesty for all pirates. He had a farm somewhere in the states or as we called them then the Americas. Got himself married the lot and was then rounded up and hung, bloody rough justice if you ask me. Wife just disapeared and that my friends was that. Family were going to go out to the U.S. but didnt trust you colonials
  18. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

Mad William Vane

Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. You tend to blend into the background occaisionally, but that's okay, because it's much easier to sneak up on people and disembowel them that way. Arr!
  19. Darwin

Darwin Member

20. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Black William Bonney

Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!