Taking time to visit an old friends Traction Layout

Discussion in 'Traction Thoroughfare' started by interurban, Sep 23, 2006.

1. interurban

interurban Active Member

Dav and I go back a long way , He was the one I have to thank for opening my eyes to the beauty of traction modelling:thumb:

Dave and his dear wive Alice moved out of Toronto to Brighton 3 years ago for a quiter way of life. Good for them:thumb: But they are busy :D

We had a great ride round the area and lunch.

Dave classes his layout more of a museum, and has a lot of areas for running all sorts of traction stuff.

Attached Files:

2. interurban

interurban Active Member

A colourful layout .
    Also a busy work bench where things get built out of bits and bobs:D

Attached Files:

3. interurban

interurban Active Member

And to finish off here is some of Davids scratch built models and bought ones.
    Also a shot of the Montreal / Windsor express, the real thing.

Attached Files:

4. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

That looks like a nice, manageable layout. I love the second photo - looking through the forest of poles! All in all it looks like a neat setup.

5. ross31r

ross31r Member

LOL, chris, why is the cut down doodlebug familiar to me!

My version is probably slightly shorter and a full freight version but its amazing to see someone else having practically the same idea!
  6. interurban

interurban Active Member

HA HA, I Thought you would see that bash job ross. Dave loved to redo those.:D

Us juicers think alike methinks Ross:thumb:
  7. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Photo's Chris. Thanks for sharing them with us.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  8. ross31r

ross31r Member

me thinks so to!

have to get my digital camera back so you can see my little line now its up and running (its only a 4x2 but its mine!)
  9. interurban

interurban Active Member

That`s the spirit Ross, And I bet the only traction layout on Surrey:D :D :D If not the whole south of UK!!:)