Take a picture of your workbench now.

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by RINGMASTER, Jan 12, 2006.

1. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Here is the other play room. Since I use two of these machines as a second hobby. I think you will enjoy them.

I enjoy the machine embroidery. It's just like watching some thing print out but it's on fabric. I also create the designs.
  2. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

I'm envious. It looks like you have three machines and lots of threat. I'd love to work with machine embrodery.

3. Scorpio

Scorpio Member

Hi friends,
    If everything then I also!
    Thus my workplace, sees better said my shipyard and harbour

Attached Files:

• A2.jpg
      File size:
      44.4 KB
    • A-1.jpg
      File size:
      45.4 KB
  4. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

But it's so clean. No clutter!!! :cry:
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK....... Fishcarver...........that ain't paper! and it ain't a fish! But it do look good!:grin:

Scorpio that ain't right! If I show my wife that picture she get the idea that you don't have to make a mess to do card modeling! Maybe you should put some kind of warning label on those pictures.............Do Not Open with Spouse Present! You know something like that!:grin:
  6. silverw

silverw Member

Work Desk.......

Hello Ring...

Let me assure you that nothing has been "stagged".... this is exactly as it is!!!

************** A WONDERMENT!!! ************
    I WONDER..HOW DO YOU GUYS GET THAT CLICKABLE LINK TO YOUR IMAGE..... rather than have the image , show up??? I've noticed quite a few of them in this thread!

Bow & Dave.... Scorpio's "other half" (Maria) is also a fantastic paper modeller.((http://www.kartonist.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=55..so)), I assume that she probably cleaned up after SHE was done!!!
    ....(best excuse I can come up with!!)

JIM... great looking owl!! Is that one of those sculptures where you just take a block of wood.... and cut away everthing that doesn't look like an owl?? LOL!

Lizzie.... pliers??? http://members.shaw.ca/billjones/PAPER_MACHINES.html

A video clip, ... MAY follow!!

7. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Hello, everyone!:)

This is my little area of solice. I just took this photo this morning, as is, where is, obviously nothing staged.:grin:

A bit of a mess, as it usually is. You can see my Constitution in the upper left corner reminding me to finish up on the new 36' pinnace, and my Krefeld on the back edge of the work surface, which is my current diversion.
    My daughter's art adorns my wall to the left, but only part of one picture can be barely seen in the photo.:)

8. Scorpio

Scorpio Member

Hi Bill,

"I assume that she probably cleaned up after SHE was done!!! "

Is right exactly!!!!!

But where from do you know this?

9. 46rob

46rob Member

The one thing most have is glorious clutter. The amazing thing is that even in the jumble of this'n'that--I can still find exaclty what I'm looking for.
  10. GyverX

GyverX Member

ok here is mine. This is where I spend a great deal of my time.
    People call it the "Command Center". I wont go into why
  11. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

Bill, :-0 The rottary punch pliers put you in the lead for most pliers on the desk.

Gyver, you win the distinction of most computer screens.

Scorpio, the spines of the books on your shelf are even. That beats all for obsessive tidyness.
  12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Dang............ you just ain't kidding, That's some Great Work she does! :grin:

THREE monitors....... now I've got monitor envy!:grin:
  13. silverw

silverw Member

Here's that video!!

Just a sort of test for videos....

Don't forget to turn the "sound" ON!!!

Just imagine the posibilities .... of a Gill "tutorial" in full color!!!

Lizzie.... I got a couple more in my back Pocket!!!

Christoph!!!.... Just a lucky guess.... or, maybe from experience!
    Whenever I am "forced" to "clean up"... I can never find anything for a week!!!

...... Bill
  14. silverw

silverw Member

Please just mension.... go or no go!!

50 peple have viewed.....
    No comments...as usual....

Is it worthwhile...or not?????
  15. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

I thought the video was well done. Looked good. Next thing you will know some one will want a build video. "Ain't going to happen John." :)

Why not?
  17. barry

barry Active Member

For smooth presenters like yourself great enjoyed it !!

Me.....doing a build it would take a year to edit out the swearing and most of the build would be me crawling round the floor with a magnifying glass looking for bits. And then there is my accent of course evenn worse

18. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

You guys have MESSY workbenches .... BLAH! :cry:

Attached Files:

• WB.jpg
      File size:
      85.4 KB
  19. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Hi, Bill:

I thought the video was cool! Sorry for not responding earlier, but I got tied up looking for some parts that flew off my work bench on the Krefeld build.:wink:

Actually, I was quite surprised at how quickly the video downloaded, quite impressive! It had a wonderful quality as if being invited into your work area or dropping by to see you...well, we don't actually see you, but we heard you. :-D Pretty nice personal touch, I thought.

Now, how exactly does one use that site to post videos? I can see it being used to show how to use a new tool or to show a technique, or anything else where photos alone might not give the whole story.

I did hold my breath when that chopper took a nose-dive, though...very happy it came through it without any damage.:)

20. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Just saw the video, well done! Kinda cool to get the tour instead of just a pic. I also held my breath when the chopper went down, glad to see it made it without any damage. Looks like I would win the award for the least amount of tools! Will post a pic as soon as I can find that camera (why does everything have to be so small these days?).