Take a picture of your workbench now.

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by RINGMASTER, Jan 12, 2006.

2. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Oo, Fokker DVII! I win!

Tim P
  3. Redwulf

Redwulf Member

I see the D VII! I have one of those on my bench too! It's my first paper model. Wingtips were a bit tough. Mine is almost the same stage as yours. I have the fuselage together and the lower wing on. Don't have the tail section on just yet.

I'd take a picture of my bench but I just use the dining room table! I'd like to see more of your DVII though.
  4. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I was halfway hoping that the monitor would show www.cardmodels.net ?

building, getting tips, posting witty comebacks, pithy comments, whatever it takes

5. John Griffin

John Griffin Member

6. 46rob

46rob Member

7. modelincard

modelincard Member

I think you've got ringmaster beat for oldest style phone.:twisted:
  8. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Here is mine.

Wath out hen you get to th main struts, ,ake them longer than the plan shows, then cut to fit.
  10. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Here is mine. If the wife new I posted these I would be meeting god.

The place were I spend most of my time work and play.

The place where I enjoy my time play.

11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Here is mine.

Do we all work around our computers?

Love the shake lites Rob, got a couple myself! Along with the Mig-15.

Got the same hammer Dave!

And Rick............Jim Beam.........hmm..........

Attached Files:

12. Texman

Texman Guest

Hey Rob,

I have the same exact set of 100 markers! I love that set. Haven't used
    anything else in a couple of years. Works great, don't they?

13. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Rickstef wanted to see The Fat White Cat when it was finished.Struts are still not right and I had to fake the tail skid, it's a birthday present for my stepbrother-in-law. He ask for a Spad 13, when I showed him the
    dell collection he said"I want a plastic model":TS.

15. sparrowhawk

sparrowhawk Member

Linkie no workee. :-?
  16. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

Err. I have an embarrasment of wealth--four work-stations.

Here they are. I seem to be the only one so far using a drafting table. I think I'm ahead on pliers.

Notie the cat in the sewing set-up. This is an important piece of equipment.

Dave, I notice that you don't have anything on your walls. I think you should buy a flightmap and put it up. It will go along with the aircraft theme.

My computer and printer area suffers from blank-wall as well. I'm going paint it, torromow. Or maybe the next day.

Attached Files:

17. Redwulf

Redwulf Member

Thanks ringmaster. I'm getting ready for those now. What do you use for the center fuselage struts? I was going to use a toothpick or something similar.
  18. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

This: and a 1:35 BRDM ATGM vehicle.....

A half-sized Great Gray Owl

Attached Files:

Round tooth picks wrapped in green 20# paper. I got the righ color from my sears bill. Next time I may use white. The cutting diagram for all the struts is wrong, about 20% too short. Eyeball it and use draftsmans deviders to get the dementions. The interplaine struts are too short too.No real problem sence you are fabricting everything anyway. there is a plan on FG; lick D VII and more information. I'm going to use more research and more jigs next time. My first biplane, at least no rigging. Makes a pritty ship. I used bamboo scures for LG legs, a little too thick, but looked OK. I made my first interwing struts out of wrapped tooth pick, worked great, didn't have enouh bond paper for another set, found some 68# art paper the right color, but not asgood. Oh well, the birthday boy loved it anyway.
    http://usera.imagecave.com/ringmaster/models/D VII 02.JPG
  20. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member