Taiwan Carton King Creativity Park

goodduck

Spending Dec and January vacationing in Taiwan and seeing a lot of neat stuff. We had light dinner at Carton King Creativity Park restaurant. As you can guess, the theme of the park is paper/cardboard. The food plates and even the outdoor displays are all made of paper. I bought a robot with built-in music box and a trans station diorama. Nice place to visit.
I also pick up couple of books from a local bookstore by the hotel. I was just going in the bookstore to kill time, didn’t planning on buying anything to carry home. But, holy smoke! The long discontinue Arcadia paper model! Only one left and for only $17.24 USD! I couldn’t pick that up fast enough. And the samurai armor book is the best book in my samurai armor book collection so far. I got few more cities to visit, looking forward to checkout more bookstores.

http://www.cartonking.com.tw/

Attachments

• IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2022.jpg
    IMG_2022.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2028.jpg
    IMG_2028.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 13
Z

Zathros

Hey Allen, have a great vacation!! Bring back those books and scan those suckers in case something happens!! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
It sounds like you are having a GREAT vacation.
Those are some GREAT finds you have there.
The restaurant lounge that you are siting in looks more like a living room setting (then anything else) and you look way too comfortable there.

Thank you for the link to where you were at.

Have a good time my friend. Like Zathros said, you should scan those models in to your computer to keep them safe (and build the scanned version).

Have a good holiday and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Z

Zathros

Allen, What the Hell are you sitting on!?! The furniture looks like big foam chunks. I want some!! You look comfortable. Rip of a piece and send it to be, then I can have it analyzed and get some. I need a sofa that I can cut to size! :)

goodduck

Corrugated cardboard. You can jump on them but you will only hurt yourself, and they are heavy.

Z

Zathros

Geez, I need glasses. he has it right in his post, "Carton King" I have to see if they have anything like that in the 'States. :)