Ta-Da, May, a contest for everyone

Discussion in 'Competitions & Challenges' started by ezdays, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Here is what we have planned for this month. If you can answer this question, "Have you seen anything unusual, unique or strange on the rails?" and have a picture of it, that's what we're looking for. Have you taken pictures of MOW, a derailment or seen a caboose painted up with yellow and blue daisies? :rolleyes: That's what we're looking for, anything different that you've seen other than what you'd normally see on the rails, like the string of locos heading to the yard, or the run-of-the-mill consist.

Think strange, think weird, think unusual, think different....:eek::eek:

The rules:

1. The picture must be taken by whoever submits it
    2. Only one picture per entry, one entry per member
    3. B and W or color acceptable
    4. Contest closes May 31st.
    5. Upload directly, or link. Please don't just post the link address for it has a tedency to be overlooked or ignored.
    6. Just in case I wasn't clear, we're talking the real thing this time. No layout pics, protype only please:cool:

Good luck,:wave:
  2. Marxed

Marxed Member

real life only, or are our model trains welcome to?
  3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I'm looking for the real deal, no made up stuff this time...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  4. Marxed

Marxed Member

i was going to simulate a train crash into a building, with lead figurines running away from it
  5. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

ok - Here's mine :)

Imagine our suprize, while waiting for the high speed metroliner on the NE corridor.... seeing a slow moving crane come down the rails :) :)

Attached Files:

6. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Attached Files:

7. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

I posted this previously, but never in a contest.

It's a 1947 Cadillac track inspection car from the Smiths Falls Railway Museum.

Attached Files:

8. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Here's my entry. A workcrew on the BNSF northwest of Phoenix, grinding rails. Geeze, ya'd think they'd get just a good results with a couple of hand-held grinders from the Home Depot, and save big bucks on grinding equipment..:D

Attached Files:

9. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Yeah, but they'd need a heck of a long extension cord to do the whole sub...!

10. trainworm

trainworm Member

I shot these autoracks along the UP line between Yuma and Tucson AZ. looks like they had a small problem...

11. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Jack Hammer Car

Took this the other week. TTC subway work train: 2 retired passenger cars and a ??? car with a jack hammer attachment working on the subway walls.

Attached Files:

12. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

Don't you hate it when that happens?

You know, Momma said there'd be days like this. Trackside in Troy, AL.

Attached Files:

13. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

One less Alco

Here is the carcass of an old Alco on a Morristown and Erie siding. Certainly one of the more unusual things to run across. Unit was bought for parts.

Attached Files:

14. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Looking good folks, got some neat and unusal entries. Keep 'em coming. :thumb::thumb:
  15. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Photo's Folks. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  16. CN1

CN1 Active Member

Inspection car at rest

Attached Files:

17. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

Now you don't see this every day

Here is my submission (at the last minute!) I figured the filming of an episode of Thomas the Tank Engine would be appropriate!

Attached Files:

18. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Yeah, that qualifies as strange, for sure,:wave:
  19. nolatron

nolatron Member

"I wonder if I can still buy a ticket?"

Found this out near some New Orleans Public Railroad tracks. No idea on who owns it though.
  20. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I hope you're in no hurry to go anywhere. :rolleyes: I have mixed emotions when I see something like that. I'ts great to see something from the past, but a pity that it has been so neglected that it probably won't ever go anywhere again..:cry::cry:

Really nice shot thought.:thumb:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.