Ta-Da, May, a contest for everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Here is what we have planned for this month. If you can answer this question, "Have you seen anything unusual, unique or strange on the rails?" and have a picture of it, that's what we're looking for. Have you taken pictures of MOW, a derailment or seen a caboose painted up with yellow and blue daisies? :rolleyes: That's what we're looking for, anything different that you've seen other than what you'd normally see on the rails, like the string of locos heading to the yard, or the run-of-the-mill consist.

Think strange, think weird, think unusual, think different....:eek::eek:

The rules:

1. The picture must be taken by whoever submits it
2. Only one picture per entry, one entry per member
3. B and W or color acceptable
4. Contest closes May 31st.
5. Upload directly, or link. Please don't just post the link address for it has a tedency to be overlooked or ignored.
EDIT:
6. Just in case I wasn't clear, we're talking the real thing this time. No layout pics, protype only please:cool:

Good luck,:wave:

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
ezdays said:
I'm looking for the real deal, no made up stuff this time...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

i was going to simulate a train crash into a building, with lead figurines running away from it

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Here's my entry. A workcrew on the BNSF northwest of Phoenix, grinding rails. Geeze, ya'd think they'd get just a good results with a couple of hand-held grinders from the Home Depot, and save big bucks on grinding equipment..:D

Attachments

• Workin 4 opt.jpg
    Workin 4 opt.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 50

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
ezdays said:
Geeze, ya'd think they'd get just a good results with a couple of hand-held grinders from the Home Depot, and save big bucks on grinding equipment..:D

Yeah, but they'd need a heck of a long extension cord to do the whole sub...!

Andrew

I shot these autoracks along the UP line between Yuma and Tucson AZ. looks like they had a small problem...

wrecked%20autoracks.jpg

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
One less Alco

Here is the carcass of an old Alco on a Morristown and Erie siding. Certainly one of the more unusual things to run across. Unit was bought for parts.

Attachments

• P1010659.jpg
    P1010659.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 50

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
nolatron said:
"I wonder if I can still buy a ticket?".
I hope you're in no hurry to go anywhere. :rolleyes: I have mixed emotions when I see something like that. I'ts great to see something from the past, but a pity that it has been so neglected that it probably won't ever go anywhere again..:cry::cry:

Really nice shot thought.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.