T3 help...

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by T3racer, Jan 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T3racer

T3racer New Member

I recently started racing off-road here at our local hobbytrack. My cousin got a new Associated T4 for Christmas and I got his old T3 to put my electronics in. I had just started racing a Traxxas Rustler that I'd bought a few years ago at a yard sale for $15.

Anyway, to keep things short I came in 3rd this past weekend out of 10 in our class. We ran 3 heats and I ran pretty consistant. I know that a big part of placing well is about driving as well as your setup. I'm able to make fairly clean runs on the track and want to know how to get a little more speed so I can possibly keep up with the others who are running quicker than me at the moment. Here's what I've got....
    Associated T3
    Trinity Chameleon 2 Pro 19 turn (I believe this is what the club has us run for our class, I could be wrong though)
    Novak Racer ex Hyperfet ESC
    Orion Super Duty Plus 3000 mah
    Pinion 23T/48P
    Spur 87T/48P

I appreciate any suggestions that could help me reel in these guys on the track. I know there are probably some better batteries that I could get, I'm just having to get things one at a time right now. Also, let me know if there are any conflicts with this setup that might be hurting me too. Thanks.....
  2. Steve M

Steve M Member

I ran my T3 this summer in the 2003 Quebec Offroad National and my truck was surprisingly stock. I used an Integy 10x2 mod motor, Sanyo 3000 NiMH batteries and Losi rubber tires from the XXX-T Matt Francis kit front and rear.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.