t3 and tc3 problems? help!!!

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by ty007cars, Feb 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

i have a t3 and a tc3....i noticed they both are going slower and slower.i put a aluminum shaft in my tc3. please help me whats wrong?????? thansk ty
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

We can't see it, you'll have to be more specific. What are you doing different?
  3. Steve M

Steve M Member

Have you given your electric motors any service? The armatures get scored after time and the brushes likewise go off.
  4. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

i changed the brushes, i cleaned the motor with motor spray.i run both of them when its cold out?
  5. timrock

timrock Active Member

you might not be charging your cells right.with nicads,if you fail to charge them right,they can develope `memory`,not perform as well and continue to get worse from lack of correct charging.that would make your cars run slower and slower.
  6. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

i use 2400,3000 ni mh cells,i also race?
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

i think your 2400 pack is a nicad.
  8. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

i just look and it was a matched ni mh panaconic cells, i dischard both of my batteries,but my cars both went fast....then droped in speed and acceleration?
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

there must be someting you are useing in both cars.what is it?
  10. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

in my tc3 i have a novak cyclone,hitec servo,d4 11x2 motor,airtronics fm radio system.t3 i have a f1 pro reverse,orion core 12x2 motor,jr servo,airtronics radio system.
  11. timrock

timrock Active Member

do your cars share battery packs?
  12. mastmec

mastmec Member

How are you charging and dicharging and storing you batteries, what charger are you using.
  13. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

im using the 2400 in my tc3,the 3000 in my t3.i use a dynamite mega peak charger..i got it 2 years ago.
  14. mastmec

mastmec Member

Are these the only two bateries you use, how old are they and how often do you use them?
    Also do both cars roll smooth with the pinions out of the cars, is there any binding of anything.
  15. timrock

timrock Active Member

both cars are having the same problem.must be somthing your doing wrong or somthing that the cars both share.
  16. mastmec

mastmec Member

It's sounding more like the batteries are not up to par anymore, or the charger is false peaking.
  17. timrock

timrock Active Member

i would say it has somthing to do with the batteries/charger too
  18. quinnjere

quinnjere Member

I say that the voltages are different and the volateges are relative to the rest of the cells, maybe there is a dead one slowing you down. I would take out the voltmeter.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.