T-Maxxes and Savages

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by mr_chris04, May 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

Hey guys i was also wondering about the T-Maxx compared to the Savage rc trucks, is one any better then the other? oh yeah and post some pics here showing me ur truck and a list of upgrades (if any). im buyingh one this summer and I like them both so any tips pics send em my way.
    Thanx:D
  2. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

it depends on what you want to do with it. the savage is more durable and i havnt broken anything yet. the t-maxx has some more speed though and i would recamend it if you were planning on racing
  3. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

which is cheaper an dhas more bang for the buck? does tha savage has as many upgrades?
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

the savage woul be the better way the tmaxx only has a engine around 1 and a half horse power I belive while the save .21 has like 2.3 HP and the savage .25 has around 2.6 HP. I dont know if this is correct but I do know this THE SAVAGE HAS A BIGGER MOTOR IN IT which equals more torque and I would think speed also
  5. joshua2verizon

joshua2verizon New Member

6. pimp

pimp Active Member

t maxx is better cost less and if u r compareing a big block to a small the t maxx is still faster now we can make it fair by putting a .21 conversion on hte maxx so thats a big block by big block so the t maxx is deff. better the savage is tuffer and a t maxx bulk head desine is crap they break easy but in a drag a t maxx will win and in track raceing a t maxx will deff. win and a savage will jump higher and the t maxx will jump farther so hpi and traxxas r really good comp. but on the 2 most pop. truck (until revo) the t maxx is the best but the probs with the t maxx the revo has fixed so traxxas will always be the best i think any way
  7. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

whicvh has the most upgrades? i wanna ut in a lot of alluminim
    is the savege like the tmax upgradeable?
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

they are both pretty much the same with upgrades and you can find anything in aluminum.
  9. pimp

pimp Active Member

no a t maxx has the most upgrades u can do anything with a t maxx not a savage
  10. monsterrcbuilder04

but the savage still has a #@$% load of upgrades and you can get all the aluminum. the savage is more bang for the buck because you can change the motor without getting a conversion kit and its already a big block. you wouldnt be able to put the truckzilla .46 motor on it stock though. but there are a lot of engines that will just drop in
  11. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

and how about durability is the tmax as durable as a savage? i have eople syaing it is and its not! i have no clue. i woudl love to have a nice savage witha ll blue alluminum all through it eh? itd be mad cool!
  12. pimp

pimp Active Member

well if u r compareing durability of the t maxx and savage the savage wins but which is more fun to deal with is the t maxx monster u can do more with the t maxx the a savage u can get all aluminem on both but when the savage is better than a t maxx i would love to know tell me 1 thing u can do with a savage and not a t maxx u cant get 4 wheel steering,small block compatible and big block,dule motor kit,3 speed tranny,and all the other things like make it a snow mobile a snow shoveler and stuff like that but i have never had a savage but a t maxx i have so if u can do these things with a savage lmk but i dident know
  13. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

OK with a savage you can make it totaly alumium, just like a Tmaxx. I have seen you can make the Savage LONGER, and I think you can do that with a tmaxx also but I have only really seen it being doen wtih a .21 conversion kit. Ive really only seen a Tmaxx go and not much of a Savage but I belive that the Tmaxx is more of a racing kind of truck while the Savage will always be more durable then a tmaxx and it will, at least this is what I think, also be pretty good in the compatition part (HPI vs TRAXXAS)
  14. niner

niner Member

tmaxx has way better handling, and as far as the engines the trx 2.5 was designed by some of the best engineers in the nitro engines industry. not just that but there is alot more to motors than power and torque the small block weighs less, and also has way highr rpm. also the tmaxx engine cant be run in normal .15 engine races anyway because it is a modified engine, and if you havent heared the tmaxx woops @ s s against savages and many other big block trucks all the time at the track because that is what they have to race against. if u just convert to a big block and dont get higher gearing you are just gettin better acceleration because u r loosing rpm and top speed if u dont. There arent any big blocks with higher rpm's than this engine.
  15. monsterrcbuilder04

ok dont say the savage can't do #@$% until you check this site out.
    www.savage-central.com

they make snow kits for these things. ive seen them on ebay. ive seen all that stuff done on a savage. its mostly custome but custome is a lot more fun then just buying a kit. its not that hard to put a kit together
  16. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

can a savage go as fast as a tmaxx potentially? im looking at the 2.5 hp savage how fast does it go ? and a tmax breaks easily? i9m looking for a balance between speed and power and durability and the fun has to factor in there too somewheres
  17. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

and would alluminum make the tmax as tough as the savage
    ?
    makes sense
  18. pimp

pimp Active Member

no the t maxx is better if u get all rpm parts it is lighter and there is a warrenty on rpm parts and alluminem bends and then u r stuck with broken expensive parts and the maxx is faster and the savage tuffer they r about the same trucks really better in what u like to go it is all oppion
  19. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

okj heres my idea somebody post all the good things abotu the tmaxx and the savage and then well all take a vote to decide which i should get
  20. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

and what are rpm parts? i never heard of them
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.