T-maxx.. What is the best engine upgrade?!!?

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by rcsuperdave, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcsuperdave

rcsuperdave New Member

I have the old t-maxx right now with the xtm .18...it is very fast!! Runs great!!!! But I want faster!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that Sirio.23 a direct fix for the old maxx?? And if so...is it any good?!?! Or should I go with a conversion .21 kit and get some kind of .27 or .28 engine?!!??! Any ideas people?!?!?!!?
  2. tnx

tnx Member

well, i see alot of ppl with terracrusher lean over to the picco .26, but ull need conversion #@$% , costs alot. im not sure if the its a perfect fit. but if it isnt ull have to get converison for that, and then u shud betta get a .26(id say picco, they got good motors).

hope i can help u.

Tim
  3. redheat

redheat Member

If you have the .15pro Maxx here are a couple of engines that well fit without doing any mods; Epic Big Bore.18,SirioTX-PTR.18, Wasp .18, RED
  4. rcsuperdave

rcsuperdave New Member

Hey!! Thanks for the direction guys!!! What are u lookin at price wise for a Sirio .26?? And too...why does everyone like them so much??
  5. redheat

redheat Member

Conversion kits are out because engine co. are building med. block .21 motors that well fit right into 2.5 chassis and they have plenty of punch, RED
  6. rcsuperdave

rcsuperdave New Member

Really?!?!?! I had no idea....in that case then have u heard anything about the new Sirio.23?!!??! They claim it should fit right into the t-maxx 2.5...that should be the same for the old t-maxx too, huh?!?!?!
  7. redheat

redheat Member

Ya I've heard about the .23, so what about it , it's not gonna fit your truck, If you want to pay the extra money for a conversion kit instead of putting into a motor then go ahead , That engine is a 4oo. dollar piece of work, Good Luck, RED
  8. rcsuperdave

rcsuperdave New Member

Hey Red!!! What is your set ups on your 2 t-maxx?!?!?! Im curious to know what a pro runs!!!
  9. redheat

redheat Member

If your talking about the engine I use the 2.5 engines, GH heat sinks, GH tuned pipes, MIP clutch, motor saver filter on one and stock filter on the other, carbs get rebuilt every month on 2 of the engines, piston and sleeve after 2 gallons of Trinity Monster Brew 20%, Tranny and diffs. opened up and replace gears if worn, relube, basically a complete tear down on both once a month, not to mention my other 4 RC's, Whats a Superdave do with your stuff? RED
  10. rcsuperdave

rcsuperdave New Member

I see RED....wow that is quite a bit of work!!!! U must be busy tearing down and rebuilding all the time you must not have too much time to race!! Either way, good for u!!! You obviously know your rc's like that back of your hand!! I try to keep mine maintained well, but I don't have the time to teardown and rebuild all the time, this is just a hobby for me. Nothin too serious though it could very easily consume most of my time if I don't watch it!! I have yet too dive into my transmittion and diffs. But I know where to go now if I have any questions!! Speakin of which......what are the benifits of redoing the carbs?!?! And too, I have recently started burnin off flywheels, I have changed out to a smaller spur gear because the truck kept flippin on me!! But it is installed properly and according to the manual!! Any ideas!??! Also..do u know a difference with using the motorsaver filter as compared to the stock on!??! You definately are an rc pro!!! Dave
  11. tfhughes_28

tfhughes_28 Member

That's kinda cool. I also have the older Maxx with the XTM.18 engine. I also have the XTM tuned racing pipe. I love the XTM.18...loads of power. I had a hard time getting it dialed in though, but runs awesome now. I had to put wheelie bars on it to keep it from flipping over on me. The constant wheelies were fun at first...but then they got annoying. Here is a couple pics of my truck.

[file]MyMaxx.jpg,3121,,0[/file]

[file]MyMaxx2.jpg,3121,,0[/file]
  12. redheat

redheat Member

how do you like running the filter that way, any problems with it falling off? RED
  13. tfhughes_28

tfhughes_28 Member

Works great. On the tranny...one of the screws has a hook on it and it is tie wrapped around the filter. I found when i went to the RRP hardened spur...it would hit the air filter, so that's why it is like that. Never fell off yet...lol.
  14. redheat

redheat Member

Are you running a 72t spur? RED
  15. tfhughes_28

tfhughes_28 Member

Ya, i have sold the RRP spur and went back to the stock 72t plastic spur. I have moved on to 1/8 buggy, so my Maxx has been a dust collector for a while now, lol. The buggy is just way more fun and whole lot faster.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.