T-maxx trouble help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by ty007cars, Mar 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

i have a new tmaxx it has about half a gallon of fuel in it.when i gos into second gear it stalls??also when i brake it will shut off,the idle seems to decline when its idleing?? let me know whats wrong? thanks ty
  2. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

hey i have a t-maxx too. mine is fairly new but the 2.5 engine i personally think is a piece of crap. That was one of the first things i replaced i am in the process of ordering a new engine.

But with yours it sounds to me as if your engine is overheating......that would be my guess. Because when the engine stalls when shifting into 2nd that means either that the engine is not hot enough or to hot, but since you said that it stalls when you brake makes me thing it is an overheating problem.

If it was me i would dump the engine while you can still get some $$$ out of it when u sell it but if you dont want to go with that route you can
    1st-get a onboard temp monitor and see what the temp of your engine gets to
    2nd- if your engine is overheating i would reccomend a Crazy Nut Cooling Head

Hope i could help, Good Luck!
    Dayton
  3. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

thanks i will try to get those things when i get the money!!
    thanks for your help!!
    Ty
  4. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

thanks i will try to get those things when i get the money!!
    thanks for your help!!
    Ty
  5. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

get the temp guage bro ;) since ur spit testing it and the spit sint boiling away , its prolly not over heating but be safe dont blow it up get the guage
  6. mastmec

mastmec Member

If it stalls when you apply the brakes, your idle is set too low and the brake is closing it enough to kill the engine, raise the idle just a bit.
    When it goes into second, does it stall or bogg down?
  7. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

it stalls when i go into secound gear,it has a funny sound to it when it stalls???
  8. mastmec

mastmec Member

Do the wheels lock up, or does it just kill the engine and keep rolling? It could be something in the trans locking up, like the one-way bearing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.