Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by jlmoreno911, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

I'm getting a new truck but can't decide between the T-Maxx 2.5 or the Savage 25.

Which one is tougher in STOCK form?

All help is appreciated.
  2. SAVAGE123579

SAVAGE123579 Member

definatly the savage 25 is way tougher not dissing the t-maxx but from what i ahev seen hte savage is way tougher
  3. rwpmaxx

rwpmaxx New Member

I own two T-Maxx's one is all stock the other has $4500 into it and also the Savage 25 In stock form to me the savage is a bit tougher than the maxx With my stock Maxx I had to do alot of tweaking on the suspension and engine and it runs and handles nice but in some of my crashes I was #@$% how easily some parts broke.. On the savage I have also replaced a couple parts but because of my driving but not as often as the stock maxx I like both trucks BUT LOVE my METAL MAXX the best....
  4. Davemc

Davemc Member

I have been doing allot of reading on this subject, Everyone seams to say the Savage is tough, and the Tmaxx is quick,
    I am looking to get the Savage

5. dudex

dudex Member

savage is tougher. i would know, cause i work in a hobby shop and we sell both, havent seen a broken savage yet.
  6. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Here is a thought. The Tmaxx has been the best selling truck since its release. Also the most widely RC vehicle parts are brought for. So in common sense why wouldn't a hobby shop push the vehicle that they are gonna sell the most stuff for. Thats how they make the most money. Selling parts. The average mark-up on parts is about 40% to 50% and almost nothing on the vehicle itself. I too run a hobby shop out of a Radio Shack in MN and have never seen a broken Savage. But the Maxx line thats a money maker.
  7. mxking171

mxking171 Member

im not trying to brag here but my freind has a savage and his wife backed right over it with her van and all that broke was the body wipty doo![8D]
  8. pike

pike Member

SAVAGE do i have to yell at you? lol savage all the way ill admit t-maxx's are sweet after a grand or 2 of hop up's
  9. civ-e

civ-e New Member

I have been reading all of these forums and most of them agree that the Savage 25 is tougher than the T-Maxx. I have no proof of this other than a few people at my local track have Savages and they all love them. They all say the T-maxx is a little faster but the Savage is alot tougher. The speed thing is all about the driver. It's not always the fastest truck that wins the race. You have to keep it on the track to win. I ordered a Savage 25 from Hobbytron 2 days ago with a 10% online coupon for $371, delivered. I will let you know how mine does after the thaw.

Pike, I like the Domo. (developers, developers, developers, developers)
  10. Davemc

Davemc Member

Wher did u get the 10% coupon?
    that is the best deal yet on a savage that I have seen
  11. Davemc

Davemc Member

I joined the newsletter but all I got for a coupon was $1 off??? I want the 10% that is a sweet deal on a Savage
  12. civ-e

civ-e New Member

13. civ-e

civ-e New Member

Sorry, it ends today Feb 2.
  14. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

SWEET!! I'm taking advantage of the discount!
    I was already leaning towards the Savage 25 but still not 100% sure.
    But now I am, thanks guys.
  15. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

What is the coupon code? or Where can I find it? I looked for it but couldn't find it...please help!

Really want a SAVAGE especially 10% off!

Thanks again.
  16. Topfun2001

Topfun2001 New Member

I couldn't find it either. I looked everywhere and it is not to be found.:(
  17. Davemc

Davemc Member

Balls!!! it was too good to be true!!!!
    maybe it will come up again, that was a sweet buy wanted one myself
  18. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

I looked everywhere, it appears that it was January's sale.Dang missed it by 2 days. 10% off would have been sweet...could have gotten the reverse module and extra gas too. oh well
  19. Davemc

Davemc Member

why would no one find that and post it on here for everyone to see??
  20. civ-e

civ-e New Member

For those of you who missed the January sale at Hobbytron, Tower Hobbies has $25 off $300 or more purchases for a total with shipping for the Savage 25 of $382.98. The coupon codes are listed on the website. http://www.towerhobbies.com/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.