T-800 endoskelton.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mousemuffins1, Jul 14, 2007.

1. bugman72

bugman72 Member

I believe he may be talking about Sintra, which is a PVC foam board. Not sure how well suited the material would be to paper modelling. I think the best and cheapest thing to use would be chrome or silver finished poster board. I'm going to do a little treasure hunting tomorrow to see if I can pick some up locally. If I can, I may be making a purchase in the near future.

ARMORMAN Guest

What is the brand name for this spray putty and where can you get it?
  3. tk1055

tk1055 New Member

WOOT I finally got a copy!! I am sorry I did mean Sintra not syntra (been working way to much overtime) Has any one done a Terminatrix like this?
  4. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

I use a K&S brand, but I'm in Australia, so I suggest going to a Auto parts supplier and seeing what they have.

TK1055: Good to hear you found a copy. I wish you the best of luck with it.

Hips Nearly done. I have to say, anyone atempting to do this from the papercraft kit absolutly should do a test build or two to try and avoid any pitfalls and get a good idea of how this thing is supposed to go together. I didn't, and had to do most of it twice because of it. This is a VERY complicated and fussy part to assemble. wall1wall1wall1

I'm putting most of my effort into the front and top of the hips as they will be the most visible when he's done.
  5. siurano

siurano New Member

I really like what your doing with YOUR'S T-800! Keep the excellent work!. But I'm getting really tired of hearing so much about copyright laws in every forum I go or group I join. Looks like if I design a model of something, and even if I give it away somebody may sue me for it because I didn't pay somebody royalties. Thanks Disney and the USA Congress! At the end is not in the best interest of the human race but it's only money. Sorry but I'm really not that bitter. There are some good people too.
  6. dirthmunkey

dirthmunkey New Member

Copy rights

I am not for sure if you would get in trouble as long as you do not make a profit from it and you don't let anybody no who your sharing with. If you can't find any info for the copy right to this, then there probably is not one. Looks like a cool model.
  7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

You could paint it 'urban' or 'jungle' camoflage and accent some of the edges with silver paint where the camo scraped off slightly. Then add a certain pulse rifle from a polish card master.

Bob's your uncle.

8. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Actually Jan Rukr is Czech

just to help you out

9. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

I'm planning on adding Jans Endo rifle to it as soon as he releases it. :thumb:
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

my bad... forgot the .cz url... he's good enough to be polish? :mrgreen:

*nods to Maty, GPM and crew* :twisted:

I hope Jan forgives me .. wall1
  11. bugman72

bugman72 Member

I now have my own copy of this beautiful model and have begun the process of enlarging it 200%. A question to the OP as well as any others...have you used the Alclad paint before? I've used Spazstix chrome for my RC bodies and it produces an AMAZING chrome finish. But, that's spraying from the back side and the lexan helps to create that mirror finish. Can the same effect be obtained by using the Alclad? Also, I read on Alclad's website that a primer as well as a base coat of gloss black needs to be sprayed first before the chrome goes on. I assume that the same procedure would need to be followed with the paper.
  12. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I say make it functional and let it loose on anyone who gives you a hard time!! Excellent work. I can't imagine how you put that together, it looks like a casting.
  13. sr5nm

sr5nm Member

Bugman, I haven't tried the Spaztix paint, but did a pinewood derby car for one of my boys a few years ago using Alclad chrome lacquerover black. it came out really well and I think that the Spaztix should come out well, too. These paints are very thin, though and will show every imperfection in the surface they are applied over. Prepare it well.
  14. bugman72

bugman72 Member

I have a question for you, Mousemuffins1...once you get all of the pieces completed and sprayed with Alclad, what are your plans for the printed on detail that will be covered up? My first thought is to use a very thin adhesive backed transparent decal film but I wanted to see what you have come up with as well.

ARMORMAN Guest

I would have traced the detail HARD with a dead ballpoint or some other object to emboss the detail. Then after the gluing and spraying were done, if you have done it well, you should still have an indentation.
  16. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

Some of the printed detail (as much as I can, anyway) will be replaced with 3D detail where appropriate and reasonably easily acheived. The panel lines will probably be done by masking the black undercoat with lining tape before spraying the alclad.
  17. bugman72

bugman72 Member

Now another big question...how much Alclad do you think would be needed for a full-size model? My LHS has a 4oz bottle for $30USD. I assume that the shinier the gloss black base coat is, the quicker the Alclad will show up, right?

The embossing suggestion seems like it would be a good way to get some detail fairly easy. I'm debating about doing that in combination with using Liquid Mask for the finely detailed black areas before spraying the Alclad.
  18. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

You might find car spray paints better than Alclad for large areas. Some of the metalic colors are pretty good, and I'm sure it woud be cheaper. Just a thought.
  19. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

I'm not 100% on the alclad yet. It does give a superior chrome finish, Much better than anything I've seen out of a can, and it dries hard, unlike spraycan chrome. It does, however, need to be applied to a perfectly smooth flawless surface for best results. for example it needs a gloss black basecoat which has been idealy polished and buffed to a near mirror shine to get the full chrome effect. I'm not sure if I want to go to that much trouble, paticularly as I plan to weather it a bit, where a spray on chrome will be adequate. I'll do a couple of test pieces before I decide.

as for coverage, I did a vinyl endo skull with it many years ago, shot through a cheap $15 airbrush, and used less than 15 mls for three or four light coats. it dries almost instantly to the touch. Well, within minutes anyway.

I think I'll try itout on the hips as soon as I'm happy with them.
  20. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

I'm really looking forward to the results - this is an ambitious project !!