T-800 endoskelton.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mousemuffins1, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Im wondering if a light spray of gloss overcoat will pull out a metallic sheen.
  2. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

Oh, it's metalic, but only as good as silver ink can be. I think version 2 will be much better.:twisted:
  3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Those metallic pens tend to bleed the paper and put an oily stain around it I find. That or I just bought cheap pens.

So that idea is out the door.
  4. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

okay, I've decided not to continue with the build as intended, and i'm going straight onto the double-size full version, Which is really what i wanted to do in the first place. :thumb:

I've completed the front chest panel and most of the back, short of details. Sorry to all you pure paper folks out there, I just couldn't resist smoothing out the joins a bit with some spray-putty and loads of sanding. After an attempt with foil covered card and finding that I couldn't get a final finish I really want (it tended to wrinkle at the cut edges, exagerating the seams..), I've decided to go with stock card instead, which I will spray-putty, sand and spray with alclad chrome when it's done.

Anyhoo, the torso is taking shape and forms Quite a strong unit (as it should, what with all the super-glue holding it together...)

The parts (so-far) have been cut from 500gsm card, though I'm going to have to go a bit lighter for some of the more detailed/bendy bits.

being a pepekura design, there are tabs everywhere, Which have been duly removed and most of the parts but joined with superglue and an accelerator.
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

looks great!
    gona wear it for us when done?
  6. Kjev

Kjev Member

I wonder how sheet styrene would work. And of course, red LEDs for eyes.

7. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Fantastic work! Can't wait to see the finished product. Gonna order one when I get back from camping in a couple of weeks. :thumb:

Question...does the spray putty come in a spraybomb or is it something you have to load in a professional paint gun "a la" car body shops?
  8. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

Spray putty comes in a rattle can. I've applied probably 5 or 6 coats, sanding in between for a reasonable finnish.

Sheet styrene was considered, but the card has more give and will fold/bend, whereas plasticard wont. It (plastic) will take a better finnish and sands to shape better too, so its six of one, half a dozen of the other really. I've gone with card.
  9. Pace

Pace New Member

Mousemuffins, you mentioned:

"The Silver printed paper is a bit of a two edged sword. On the one hand it marks easily and is probably not really shiney enough to represent the chrome of the original, while on the other hand it IS much better than plain grey, and any stray glue just wipes off with a damp cloth."

What kind of Silver printed paper do you use? The only kind I've tried to use is Red River Silver Metallic. The tiniest bit of stray glue can't be wiped off without ruining the finish.

Bill Pace
  10. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

The kit comes printed in gloss silver ink.
  11. Pace

Pace New Member

Never mind! Thanks, I didn't think about that. I have an old Dover Spirit of St. Louis that's printed the same way, but I haven't tried to build it yet.
  12. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Actually Warner Bros Online (Owners of Hanna-Barbera) now own the rights to the Wacky Racers Models. (I negotiated free continued release through my site as part of the deal :thumb:) In addition I have done contract design for them (unreleased as of yet but that's the price you pay for design for hire work - got a pic on my commisioned works page though!) and I have their blessing to model from their holdings which are considerable and even get the occasional access to their archives for reference material.

They are MUCH easier to deal with than the rat and his horde of lawyers.
  13. bugman72

bugman72 Member

I guess this might be a dumb question, but who originally released the T-800 endo model? I would love to try and track down one for myself, although it seems as though I might end up paying dearly. I'm all about making oversized models and having a 1:1 T-800 in my theater would be killer, especially holding the hopefully soon-to-be-released gun.
  14. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Go to papermodelworld.net and click on the space shuttle on the left hand side. It's in there for $64.75. (Yes, very dearly)

I want that one plus the German and US soldiers, plus the archer and both Lineage models (elf and human (which is outta stock)). My wife is gonna kill me when she sees the credit card bill. sign1
  15. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

one thing i have noticed about papermodelworld.net is that they sell free kits ie: the wotw tripod which is freely availble, ok its only $4.05 but still id be a bit dubios about buying from them. but that is only my opinion, they may have other kits that are not free i have to admit i only looked at one page though..
  16. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Thanks ... now I am jealous.

:eek: :twisted:
  17. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

I've done business with Jim. He's straight up and honest as the day is long. Have no reservations buying from him.
  18. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Designers website is HERE.
  19. tk1055

tk1055 New Member

dang I would love to get my hands on a copy and experiment with printing it on syntra.... in 1:1 scale. Its a shame that it oop If anyone wants to get rid of their copy let me know
  20. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Sorry what is Syntra?

John John