T-800 endoskelton.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mousemuffins1, Jul 14, 2007.

1. maddunk

maddunk New Member

Brilliant model, Wouldn't mind building one myself
  2. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

You are doing a bang-up job on this, Red! I'm in high anticipation of it's completion.
  3. oriod01

oriod01 Member

Publishing rights?

I think Kodansha was the publisher on this book (only in Japan). If any book should be reissued this should be it. I e-mailed Tashen about their looking into acquiring the rights to republish this (that is what they do and at a price often less than the original retail) and since it was never released in the states it would sell like crazy. I of course heard nothing back, as I am sure I am the only one who they have heard this from. People would not be downloading scans off the net if they could buy it in book form. I personally would buy at least two. We should start a letter (e-mail) writing campaign to petition Tashen to acquire and publish this book.:thumb:
  4. tata

tata New Member

watch your perfect work wonderful
  5. Red

Red Member

I Like the work that you are doing with the hands tata. they look grate .:thumb:
  6. Red

Red Member

Made some teeth and put the shoulders together

Attached Files:

7. dirthmunkey

dirthmunkey New Member

I have been watching this thread for some time. I have acquired the files to print off, the only problem is the person I got this from has the directions are written in Japanese and I can't translate it. I could possible do German but, not Japanese. Could anyone that have the directions in English please get a hold of me? Thanks!
  8. tk3470

tk3470 New Member

very cool

Thats the best looking one I have seen made of paper
  9. oriod01

oriod01 Member

This book was only published in Japan almost 10 years ago, in other words there is no translation available in any other language. The best I can suggest is to paste the following web address into Google Translate (it is an exhaustive web diary by someone who is building it, with step by step photos. He is up to diary entry #71 - there is about 10 pics per entry)...

10. RW2112

RW2112 New Member

Just found this thread, that is some amazing work dude!
  11. didano

didano New Member

very cool, nice work!
  12. Red

Red Member

Started on the left arm.

Attached Files:

13. mordor621

mordor621 New Member

14. Red

Red Member

Sorry I have ben busy lately here is what i have on the arm so far.

Attached Files:

15. Kai

Kai New Member

Is there also a free downloadable model set? The T-800 is very nice
  16. MTK

MTK Active Member

Brilliant work. Most impressive! Amazing what you can do when you set your mind to it! Kudos.:thumb:
  17. cdlc

cdlc New Member

Out of print

With all the modern print technology I'm surprised that more of the out-of-print stuff isn't reprinted by the publishers. Judging by some of the prices that are asked on the secondary market there is a demand for things like the terminator or some of the older models eg some of the Dover books.
    Surely it should be possible for publishers to do short print runs these days or even provide a print on demand service, at a price of course. Most people would prefer to build the real thing rather than a poor pirated copy.
    If I was in charge lots of things would be different!
  18. Neo1975

Neo1975 New Member

Does anyone know if KCPstudio finished the CAD and produces the files ?

Would love to give this ago, with the Articulated Hands, In my mind the more detail the better.
  19. MTK

MTK Active Member

I'd love to give this a go as well. If there's any new info.... I'll be looking for it.:mrgreen:
  20. tumbucu

tumbucu New Member

thanks for sharing the pix