T-800 endoskelton.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mousemuffins1, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Red

Red Member

:confused: Sorry my face is red and head is down in shame:cry:
    and thank you for removing the link
  2. Texman

Texman Guest

No problem. If you ever wonder about a site/link, just ask one of the mods before posting. They can tell you whether it's ok or not.

3. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

is it still possible to get a genuine copy of this model....?

i have tried looking at google and cannot find a store that has it

thanks so much
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I don't know Paul ... I'm finding that reported sellers are removing their 'warez' pretty fast as of late.

Maybe coincidental though.
  5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i contacted the guy selling on the site given and he has removed the item from sale.
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I did the same... is this where we do the online high-five for keeping the hobby legit?

SEBRET Member

Score 1 for both of you. Fight the good fight.

8. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

The same company Build-2-Believe are still advertising it on ebay, I reported a copyright violation last night. It's still for sale today, just shows how much effert ebay is putting into copyright violation, i.e. very little. It's got about 7 hours left at the time of this post and some one has put a bid in for it.

The same company are also selling other cd books, dragon from earth sea and Howls moving castle.

This is a direct quote from the advert:

Build-2-Believe is an international online-based e-trading company, which mainly forcus on the most updated Asian imported goodies, like 100% authentic dunk, hat, tee, toys, manga, games, pc stuff and more. Build-2-Believe is not the owner or seller of these goods, but merely a bailee acting on behalf of the seller to facilitate the sale of the goods by holding the goods until such time as a sale is completed and the goods are shipped to the buyer. Build-2-Believe has used its best efforts to inspect the item(s) for sale and create descriptions and furnish photographs that fairly and adequately depict the type, condition and image of the goods at the time of sale. Build-2-Believe makes no express or implied warranties or representations regarding the condition or suitability of the goods and to the extent allowed by law, specifically disclaims any express or implied warranties, including but not limited to any warranty of merchantability or fitness for purpose.

Another quote from the ad:

All text and images in this auction are copyrighted 2008 Build-2-Believe. All rights reserved.

How can they copyright a photo of a book thats already copyrighted.
  9. think-floyd

think-floyd Member

I would think it's being a little unfair to ebay to say they don't pay much attention to copyright. They have much much larger and more lucrative piracy markets to police, for example, music, film, designer clothing, electronic equipment etc. These are far larger problems for ebay and the wider internet community in general, not least because the lawyers representing these industries have far more clout than our hobby could hope to wield.

While i don't condone people selling other people's work, i think that we can safely say that these guys are making little or no money from their endeavors. How many people can honestly say that they believe many people have purchased models over ebay that they could have found for free with a simple google search? I know if i was going to buy anything on ebay, I'd run an ebay search to find out more information, and in most cases, this will turn up the original author for the files we see on ebay. Callous as it may seem, anyone foolish enough to fall for it, probably deserves to be parted with their cash!sign1

I think until such time as the papercraft industry has a turnover of a billion dollars, the most we can do is to continue to report these people, and more importantly, spread the word about the quality and volume of quality models available for free or for a fee from reputable sources, because if people know they can get it for free, these shysters won't have anyone to sell to and will move on. Maybe that can be a collective new years resolution for us all :wave:
  10. Red

Red Member

11. think-floyd

think-floyd Member

sweet mother of all ripoffs batman!

the list price of 3500 yen is sold out, and there's a preowned for 9800 yen. This equates at current rates to a paltry 108 US dollars. Can't see myself paying that somehow, especially for a secondhand book you can't see the condition of.

Maybe the poster has a sense of humor.
  12. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

What I ment about ebay not paying any attention to copyright, is correct regarding paper/card models. We've had this before on this forum and papermodels forum, we (normal people) can report the violation, but ebay say that the original designer has to report the copyright violation before they will do anything about it. So the best thing to do is let the original designer know about it.

As for the t800 on amazon and it's high price, it's understandable why people break copyright.

And regarding the seller on ebay that is selling the t800 and earth sea dragon, they now have nothing for sale. They had about 10 items that lasted till Monday, now none. GREAT.
  13. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

I managed to pick it up off Amazon.jp when it 1st came out, It felt expensive back then but Im feeling like it was a great deal now...but then again I hope something might be put out again in a marketing thing for T4: Slavation

Lets hope eh?
  14. kcpstudio

kcpstudio Member

Hi Guys.... haven't been on lately mainly because of work. I apologize for that. BUT, I'm happy to say that the hand and arm is completed and I started unfolding and painting it.
  15. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

Can't wait to see it :)
  16. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

wahoo! this'll be fun...
  17. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

Same here! :thumb:
  18. Red

Red Member

Can't wait to start building it :mrgreen::mrgreen: