Symphony 77

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Nomad, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Anybody using MRC's Symphony 77 sound system? Or the sound station 312? I would like to add sound to my layout but don't want to buy all new decoders and was wondering how the sound is.
    Thanks for any replies.

2. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

I listened to a...

...MRC sound station and thought- that's pretty stupid. But then again- with activity and ambient sound... it's a buyer's choice- what are ya getting out of it?

Oh, by the way- I made sure I got the last Sound &Power7000 or what ever the unit is because you can run up the adjust rate of the loco as it tries to get a train started. It's a little tinny- but having some audio equipment laying around- I plan on sound reinforcement. I don't need the sound to travel with the train- I have a vivid imagination and if the sound is with me- I am the train. Be the train. I also enjoy the bass tones generated by trains on Kato track upon plywood makes.

Bah! on those who need to insulate their tracks for the ~sound~ it transmits.:thumb:

3. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Mark, thanks for the reply, you returned me to sanity, (or as close as I will ever get).

4. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

Mrc 7000

I've had an MRC 7000 for some years and I'm very happy with it. I have DC only, but have one loco w/ sound. That is great, but the MRC has diesel and steam, throttle, sound volume, and speed rate. The sound quality will depend some on your speakers.

5. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

What I noticed later though is that this does not connect to the throttle, meaning the loco speed sound would not change.