Symphony 77

Nomad

Anybody using MRC's Symphony 77 sound system? Or the sound station 312? I would like to add sound to my layout but don't want to buy all new decoders and was wondering how the sound is.
Thanks for any replies.

Loren

MCL_RDG

I listened to a...

...MRC sound station and thought- that's pretty stupid. But then again- with activity and ambient sound... it's a buyer's choice- what are ya getting out of it?

Oh, by the way- I made sure I got the last Sound &Power7000 or what ever the unit is because you can run up the adjust rate of the loco as it tries to get a train started. It's a little tinny- but having some audio equipment laying around- I plan on sound reinforcement. I don't need the sound to travel with the train- I have a vivid imagination and if the sound is with me- I am the train. Be the train. I also enjoy the bass tones generated by trains on Kato track upon plywood makes.

Bah! on those who need to insulate their tracks for the ~sound~ it transmits.:thumb:

Mark

Nomad

Mark, thanks for the reply, you returned me to sanity, (or as close as I will ever get).

Loren

Mrc 7000

I've had an MRC 7000 for some years and I'm very happy with it. I have DC only, but have one loco w/ sound. That is great, but the MRC has diesel and steam, throttle, sound volume, and speed rate. The sound quality will depend some on your speakers.

Lynn

Nomad

What I noticed later though is that this does not connect to the throttle, meaning the loco speed sound would not change.

Loren