Switching to HO

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
well then use the Semi Dogbone track design, so it will let you get in there and adjust the windows, while still useing bigger curves.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
well thats the idea! you add on to it. I by no means said you should only have a bent oval, i just have no idea what kind of industries or anythign you'd liek in the layout. if you could give me an idea, i might make you something, but its your layout, do what you want. i merely made the outside of it to give you an idea of the shape layout that would fit. you could put all sort of switches and crossings throughout the layout if you'd like to.

Union Pacific

4X7 wil definitaly work :D
use 22" curves
and you could stick a nice yard in the middle (big CSX Yard ) ;)
you could put an intermodel scene on the rear side and have the front on the opposite. just an idea

thanx, Ben

CSX

Hey, I'm getting somewhere now! :D :p
If anyone is good with planning, I am taking ideas. :D
I am looking for something with a yard, a residential scene, and a harbor.
Also, where can I get models such as tugboats, docks, and other harbor items?
And who makes them? Thanks in advance!!!!

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
18" radius track makes a circle 36" (i.e. 3 feet across) from CENTRE to CENTRE. So to complete a 1/2 circle "turnback" will need more like 40" deep benchwork.

Andrew

MilesWestern

I'm glad you're going back into HO scale. I would reccomend a 4X8 layout at least! Then you have the infinate amount of plans published in MR and other publications, that is, if you can allocate the extra foot. I currently have a 4X8 under construction, and I must admit, it's a great Expirence! Now you can run your john deere Tractor cars behind your carnival loco! ;) :D just kidding! anyhow, HO is the most popular scale for a reason, you now know!!

Happy Modeling!
-Miles

CSX

LOL. That Carnival loco is not going to touch the layout, but the John Deere car will. Hahaha. I wish I could go 4x8, but there is no way possible. 4x7 is the maximum size table.

Union Pacific

CSX I will E-mail you some plans for HO scale paper containers they look really cool and are cheap:eek: killed 2 birds with one stone;)
As for finding boats and etc. I am not sure (might have to scratch :( ):p I am attempting to make a 11' long 12" wide Hapag-Lloyd container ship that will have 3 working cranes to its side unloading the containers if I get the cadd program I want I will have some plans I can E-mail you other wise I will have to hand draw them:rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

thanx, Ben

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
i thought you said you had 3x9 space?

3x9 would give you a longer mainline run, but a 4x7 might give you more switching space

i'll make you a layout.

here is shot number one csx ( if any one else would like to use this or modify it you have my permission) (3ftx9ft layout)

Attachments

• csxlayout2.jpg
    csxlayout2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 26

Union Pacific

lol I did a big drawing for an HO scale continaer ship in HO scale its 11' long so you tell me the fun I had with that ;) and how long it kept me busy:p

thanx, Ben