Switch tracks

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by pupparo, Feb 6, 2003.

1. pupparo

pupparo Member

Does anyone make a curve switch track that is compatible with atlas 11 radius track?
  2. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

As I recall...

As I recall Atlas made curved switch tracks at one time.

Where they are now- well- they thought that N would take off at the time- about 20 years ago- prolly found out that they weren't big sellers- then!

The way things are goin'- if Atlas won't re-introduce them (and believe me- they have people researching these sites for marketing schemes) someone else will. The question is- can ya design around it, or are ya willing to wait?

I say design around it and lament what could be or forget the lament and run trains.

3. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

I can't think of an model RR where curved switched weren't required!!! HO-G-N, I ran 'em all!

<-------Makes note to contact manufacturer- We are turning trains in corners of our spare space- where's the beef??? (read as curved turnouts, so curved turnouts can feed yards typically coming off curves!!!!)

Gee I think I just padded Atlas's bottom line by 1.8M (estimated time to market- 3 years).

You heard it here first!

4. redracer

redracer Member

Tomix make a curved point with radii of 280 & 317 mm. Don't know you would go incorporating it into a layout of another type though ...
  5. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Peco flextrack & turnouts are compatable with the Atlas flex & Atlas Snap Track...& they make curved turnouts....not sure about the radii, though...if I were you, I'd give them a try.
  6. csxnscale

csxnscale Member

Peco both code 80 and code 55 has curved turnouts.
    In N-scale :
    Outside radius 36", inside radius 18".

7. jdh

jdh Member

fleischmann has curved switches [molded in roadbed] that will work.

the molded in roadbed is grey, and still maintains the same height as the "no roadbed" atlas track.

joiners work on both brands.

i don't remember if these are 'selective' or not.
    if they were, i wired around them so i can't tell.

mine are 10+ years old