Switch question

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by brn2rde, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brn2rde

brn2rde New Member

Seeking advise on a little project involving electronics(and I am electronically challenged)

I need to figure out a remote switch that has to be manually reset after it has been activated. Something akin to a breaker I suppose. It will need to be powered by 12 volt, possibly thru a capacitor.

I know, everone wants to know what it is for, but I'd rather keep that under wraps until I get the full prototype design.

Anyone?
  2. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

It all depends on your application and since you dont want to say, then its hard to help you.
  3. mastmec

mastmec Member

What amp rating will it need to trip at?
  4. brn2rde

brn2rde New Member

I really wish I could give more info, but I feel the need to protect my idea in the odd chance that it is marketable in the future. ONce I have a working model then I can be more forthcoming. I know it is not the best way to get help, but...

my idea is to draw power from the magneto or coil hence the need for some kind of capacitor? to store/steady the power supply. Operated remotely. It will throw a switch/breaker and shut itself off. Confused? I am. Like having something on the tip of your tongue.

If this is annoying you, ignore it and I will go away.

BRN2RDE
  5. mastmec

mastmec Member

You need a switch that can be turned off remotely or for circuit protection that you have to manualy reset ie. amp or thermal @ 12volts?
  6. brn2rde

brn2rde New Member

Mastermec, yes and no. I need a switch that can be turned off remotely that HAS to be manually reset. Not as a circut protector, but as a saftey system. Make sense? By remote I mean by radio control.
    Thanks for sticking with me on this one.

BRN2RDE
  7. mastmec

mastmec Member

So you want to be able, with remote control, turn it off. Then have to physically touch it to reset it, not turn it back on with the remote? Voltage right? If so, you could use a micro switch and servo (depending on your amperage) servo to hit the switch to turn it off but not back on.
  8. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

Mastmec beat me to it, I was going to say something similar...
  9. brn2rde

brn2rde New Member

That is what i needed to hear. Now to figure out how to power it and what switch and servo to get.

THanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.