Sweet Drift Car Pics - Toyota AE86

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by infinitymachine, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Hey I just got this 86 finished today. Let me know what you think. Most of the RC people in my area haven't even heard of drifting much less seen it before so it really turns heads at the local track.

I had alot of trouble tracking down black piping for the tires- they make a big difference in the realism though. If anyone's interested I can post a link.

Chris

[​IMG]
  2. 69stang

69stang Guest

Nice job and i like tose colors!
  3. thanks. i'm looking at trying some led inserts for my next body, might be a fun experiment to try. still in the research process though. wish yokomo made a lancer evo body...

Chris
  4. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Yok doesnt but HPI does. Have fun with the LED's. They can be a real hassle sometimes
  5. hey if you can post a link that would be cool.

i am in the same postion people don't really know about drifting or hate it so i am gonna turn heads to when i get my tt-01
  6. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Link to the evo body?
  7. hey where can i get a leven body at i seen some poeple that had a 86 leven body on formula d
  8. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Thought the levin was the 85? Oh well. Basicly the Trueno is the only one. The only levin i found was for Micro RS4's. But they can be found at any hobby shop.
  9. Paint came out nice and clean. However, may I suggest outlining the pop up headlights with perhaps a marker?
  10. alexsracing

alexsracing Guest

looks really nice
  11. BigJohn78

BigJohn78 Guest

hey ive been thinkin of ways to paint my 86 ae when it comes in. do you mind if i use your scheme but my colors? hehe stead of silver itd be orange and stead of blue itd be black. well just let me know if you dont mind if i do somewhat of a copy. thanks.

Big John
  12. YaYo

YaYo Guest

Nice Style!!
  13. SpartanDRFT

SpartanDRFT Guest

levin is the non fastbacky-y one made same as 86 and the only corollas in d1gp are truenos... and once i get a decent camera ill take some pics of my trueno