Swedish women!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by BorGittan, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BorGittan

BorGittan New Member

My name is Birgitta and Im 43 years old. I like to use paper in all forms and now most papermodels. I have difficult to wright in english, but I understand it much better....
    I wonder if there are mor swedish people here and are there any women?:wave:
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

There are a few women and a few swedish folks but I have no idea if there are any other swedish women :)

Welcome! What have you modeled lately?
  3. josve

josve Active Member

Here is a Norwegian :) Thats pretty close eh?
    Velkommen til forumet Birgitta!!
  4. BorGittan

BorGittan New Member

Okey, well maby there are someone someday :)
    I´ve been modeling some nice japan animals....goldfish and some cats... And I have try to interest my boyfriend with an old airplane, but he is not friend with the scissor :)
  5. BorGittan

BorGittan New Member

Takk for det! :)
    Ja, svensk eller norsk spelar ingen roll...det är mycket bättre än engelska, det går snabbare*S*
  6. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Welcome! Your English is just fine, and hope you enjoy your stay here. We're all keen on seeing pictures of your models ^^
  7. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Välkommen Birgitta!

Hello Birgitta,

Very welcome to the Cardmodels.net forum (Välkommen till vårt trevliga forum)!
    We are at least two Swedish card modelers here who discuss and write on a regular basis, Leif Oh in Gothenburg and myself in Stockholm. I know you will like it here - the atmosphere is very friendly and helpful. If there is anything you´d like to know, just ask.
    Your English is excellent, by the way.

What is you main interest in card modeling?

All the best from Stockholm,
    Bengt :thumb:
  8. BorGittan

BorGittan New Member

Thanks! Well, I feel already very welcome here thanks to you all!
    Maby someday I have curage enough to let you see my work ;)
  9. BorGittan

BorGittan New Member

Thank you!:)
    I don´t know what my main interest are yet.... I didnt know it exist any longer. When I was a kid we did paperdolls and other stuff, back then I like to put some boat together. But I think that this models of animals sutes me better than all cars, bus and other "boy-things". But it´s the thing that you can do a model in demension of a flat paper that is my fashination. I have always loved papers in all forms. I have done greeting cards, scrapbooking before the name exist and I have collected all sorts of papers in my life.
    I hope you understand what I wrote or els I can write it in swedish in pm for you:)
    My english is by the way from a nice little book here beside me, a lexicon....
  10. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

All Things Paper

Hello Birgitta,

I was also quite surprised in November 2005, when I found the paper modeling hobby alive and well and thriving on the Internet!
    I had done some paper modeling in my teens, back in the late 60s, mostly German medieval houses and castles (of the Schreiber-Bogen brand) that I bought at Wentzell´s Hobby in Stockholm. At one time, I built a complete medieval German town, with a wall surrounding it and a main gate.

I also remember that my father told me that he had done some card modeling in his youth (in the 30s) - they had the weekly magazine Allers, where paper models were a recurring attraction. It contained a variety of models; paper doll theaters, dolls and of course the usual planes and cars.

Have you seen all the interesting free download models that 'Canon Papercraft' has to offer? They are just one of many with free models: Canon 3D Papercraft
    'Iceberg Bouwplaten' is a Dutch site, which besides the free download nodels also has a VERY good link page with hundreds of models in different categories: Iceberg Bouwplaten

Good luck with your coming paper model projects,
    Bengt :wave:
  11. RacerX

RacerX Member

heh there are days when i am no friend with the scissors myself. thats when i switch to balsa :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.