Swedish farm

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by George, May 20, 2005.

1. George

George Member

Hi all,

I went to a farm outside Gothenburg a couple a weeks ago. They had
    open doors and it's always nice for the children to meet sheeps, cows,
    hens, goats and all other creatures on a farm. At that farm representatives from the Swedish Farmers
    Association handed out paper models of a typical Swedish farm. It's quite charming and I think both grownups and children will enjoy building it. For all of you with children I hope you know about "Pettson and Findus" and "Emil" (the childrens books) and the farm is one like in those books, with some more modern equipment added!!!

If you scroll down the page you'll find:

Bygg din egen bondgård 1 and Bygg din egen bondgård 2....save the PDF and start to glue.

If you want to train your Swedish why don't you download some other
    material about farming, animals and other stuff.

All the best and have a great weekend,
  2. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Here are the links

Hello George,

This is so nice, that I think people deserve the direct download links, don't you?

"Build your own farmyard-1". This is the main farm.

"Build your own farmyard-2". This is machine hall, machines, and animals. (When I tried that link, nothing much happened, perhaps you got the server overloaded by posting the link...)

The barn is really old-style Swedish farm, and very nice as a present to your children or grandchildren. Can't wait to get the additional stuff.

PS. You live in Goteborg as well. Nice! Hello!
  3. Al hazlet

Al hazlet Member

You were right, Leif. The overload had passed by the time I saw this, and both parts downloaded for me.

Alex h
  4. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

After some correspondence, both Alex H. and I agree that the second download is useless, since the file you get (if you get one) is corrupt. George, if you happen to have a healthy copy of the second barnyard file, perhaps you could upload it to the parts bin? (And why not the first one as well, while you're at it.)

One of my grandchildren has an upcoming birthday...

5. George

George Member

Well...from the beginning the farm was not availible as a download...only to be ordered by schools. But I contacted the...hmmmm....contact person...and she arranged the whole thing. I don't have the files in PDF
    format...only as the real stuff...I could of course scan those and add it to
    the parts bin. But that have to be tonight after all shores are done and
    the children are sleeping.

Yes...I live out on Näset...I'm one of these persons who collects paper models for the day when there is time enough to sit down and glue.
    I have been working with the Mega Graphics Halftrack for two years and I
    expect it to be ready by the end of the century (I did not say which...).Before I started I on that kit I was a complete beginner but I hate to make things simple so I took a kit which is a) small scale (relitive 1:25) b) very detailed. I think the learning curve is accelrated that way.

But you see so many great builds here every day so just to stay with what you are building, and not jump to something else, is a challenge.