Swap meet Finds!

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Glen Haasdyk, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

Went to the swap meet in town today and got there early enough to find some good deals. First I got a Walthers Cornerstone American Millwork building and Heljan Tucson Silver mine kit for 15$ for the pair, The Walthers kit is mint and still sealed. I already know where that will go but I just bought the Heljan kit for parts since the whole thing is made of corregated metal.
    Next I found an undecorated P2K Sw1200 that was missing the front and rear handrails, couplers, and some other details for 10$ (yes it's powered and runs) I also managed to find the entire Juneco kit that converts it into a CNR SW1200rs for another 7$. The kit includes new spark arrestors, number boards, horn, bell, pilots, drop steps, and rerailers.
    Finally I got an Alloy forms 1956 Ford pickup with camper for 5$.
    anyone else get a good shopping trip at a swap meet this weekend?
  2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Nice work Glen!

3. kchronister

kchronister Member

Does anyone know a good source for finding events like this? I can find things that list the NMRA conventions, the standard traveling shows and the like, but not anything like this.
  4. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Wouldn't we all...!

5. Relic

Relic Member

for any maritime railroaders theres a show /swapmeet at the Sportsplex in Dartmouth on the 19th of Nov