SW9/1200 paint job

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Maybe when I work up the nerve to attack my J3e. (Yeah, right!

Val,
Nothing suceeds like success, when you're ready, go for it!!

Larger areas are covered by a "frisket" mask, but that only works on large flat areas so it's not really useful for modelling.

As I recall, frisket paper has a much "gentler" adhesive than masking tape. I might have to try that the next time I need to mask out the side of a lettered car, to paint in other detail, or to mask off the sides, while painting the roof.
The frisket could be cut and layed in place, then the edges could be taped, ie. using the frisket in place of Saran wrap, or scrap paper. The frisket's adhesive would hold it in place long enough to get the edges masked.
Pete

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
Paint Job

Your LPB's did a fantastic job in the paint shop Val. WOW. Now for the business part: My little people abuse the equiptment on the WC & T. What would be the cost for a remake on this SW? I need to fire the one's in my paint shop!! ;) :eek: :rolleyes:

Attachments

• sw9 #14.jpg
    sw9 #14.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 44

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Re: Paint Job

Originally posted by jmarksbery
My little people abuse the equiptment on the WT & C. What would be the cost for a remake on this SW? I need to fire the one's in my paint shop!! ;) :eek: :rolleyes:

Yeah, you sure do - those guys are letting that engine fall apart! Looks great! I mean, it looks like it needs a complete rebuild.

I'd love to do business with you but my guys all work for scale - HO scale that is. :D :D :D I've tried payin' them N-scale, even offered cash, but they all threatened to quit and go work for Jon!

cheers
;) Val