SW9/1200 paint job

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by spitfire, Mar 20, 2003.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Very nice job done well Val, Looks really nice.
  2. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

You GO gf! Looks great!!
  3. philip

philip Guest

Val: Dont touch it! That SW looks real! Great job!

4. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Nothing suceeds like success, when you're ready, go for it!!

As I recall, frisket paper has a much "gentler" adhesive than masking tape. I might have to try that the next time I need to mask out the side of a lettered car, to paint in other detail, or to mask off the sides, while painting the roof.
    The frisket could be cut and layed in place, then the edges could be taped, ie. using the frisket in place of Saran wrap, or scrap paper. The frisket's adhesive would hold it in place long enough to get the edges masked.
  5. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thanks Shamus, tomboygirl and Philip! I am not being the least bit facetious when I say I'm doing it all for you guys! Your support and encouragement has given me the highlight of my day!

:D Val
  6. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

A great job Val, I am impressed with the overall look. The weathering is perfect. Whatever you name it or just leave it plain, it will serve your railroad well.
  7. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Paint Job

Your LPB's did a fantastic job in the paint shop Val. WOW. Now for the business part: My little people abuse the equiptment on the WC & T. What would be the cost for a remake on this SW? I need to fire the one's in my paint shop!! ;) :eek: :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

8. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Re: Paint Job

Yeah, you sure do - those guys are letting that engine fall apart! Looks great! I mean, it looks like it needs a complete rebuild.

I'd love to do business with you but my guys all work for scale - HO scale that is. :D :D :D I've tried payin' them N-scale, even offered cash, but they all threatened to quit and go work for Jon!

;) Val