SW1500 Project Update.

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by brakie, Jun 8, 2006.

1. brakie

brakie Active Member

Many of you may recall I am super detailing a Athearn SW1500 for entry into a local contest..Here is a progress report.New side frames added and lightly weathered.

Attached Files:

2. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

brakie:wave:, WOW! i think you have done an OUTSTANDING job on that switcher!!!:thumb::D I WOULD BE PROUD to have that engine in MY collection:thumb::D. i wish you the best of luck in the contest:D. please let us know how it comes out. GREAT JOB!:thumb: THANKS!:D
  3. shortliner

shortliner Member

I LOVE CRUDS! and that one is a beauty - although rather too clean - best of luck in the contest
    Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands
  4. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Very nice loco – good luck in the contest :thumb: .
  5. :wave: wow what an impresive loco you have there. gl in your contest:thumb:
  6. 2slim

2slim Member

Great looking engine! This maybe too late for your contest, but I think Details West makes the appropreate fuel filler(s) for the fuel tank. Not posative but they may have a kit with several details, IIRC. Good luck in the contest!

7. brakie

brakie Active Member

Yeah,I need to make another detail part order from Walthers and I will add the missing parts like fuel filter,radio antenna and other small goodies..Thankfully I have till August...
  8. brakie

brakie Active Member

CDB Industries like many other short line railroads keeps their locomotives well maintain so you'll not see much crud on the locomotives..:thumb:

CDBI is the parent company of the C&HV and 6 other short lines plus 3 switching services.