Surfdukes apollo card models

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by gpw, Jul 8, 2007.

1. lairdre

lairdre Member

I was wondering if changes were made to Apollo based on the Nando's comments in message #50. I have been away for awhile and haven't noticed any difference between the pdf I previously downloaded and the current one.
    Do you consider this totally finished? I'm looking for a holiday project.

2. lairdre

lairdre Member

Does anyone know the answer to my previous message?

3. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Hi Lairdre,

As far as I know, Surfduke has not revised the design for quite a while.

I think it wouldn't be too hard to create another slightly larger piece that would fit better, and perhaps laminate the original piece onto it. Scratchbuilding is half the fun.

Best of luck,
  4. Mechanic

Mechanic Member

Does anyone know what's going on with Surfduke, hasn't been on for almost two months now?

5. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

I don't know either. Surfduke may just be busy in his personal life. Especially this time of year.

By the way, I love your Dick Feynman quote...he was one of my favorite people. I never met him, but I miss him.
  6. uglyguy9

uglyguy9 Member

where did you get these wonferfull models from?
    they look fantastic!
  7. gpw

gpw Member

8. uglyguy9

uglyguy9 Member

9. I heard he has some personal matters which I will not elaborate on because it is "Personal". However let's just be supportive and appreciative of his contributions thus far. he has a passion for this hobby and if he has put it aside we can be sure he has his priorities in order. I'm sure he checks in from time to time so let's keep the encouraging words flowing.
  10. uglyguy9

uglyguy9 Member

what an amazing thread....AND SITE!
    i am an amatuer astronomer and love everything about space and spaceflight.
    i "stumbled" upon this site only a day ago and have built a few space card mods from another site (iss)
    spacedukes (oops...surfdukes) work is amazing
    and all the help from you guys building and phtographing the stages is wonderful support.
    i am going to make this and place some led's (red i think) in the module for lighting.
    led's are low heat (your mod wont warp) and very small, and only require "watch batteries" to run
    i look forward to posting my stages.
    ****thankyou sooooo much for these wonderfull "paper engineering" models SURFDUKE....thankyou***
    ps. has NASA contacted you yet about designing their next "moon module"?