Surfduke´s Apollo Lunar Rover (LRV)

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by gpw, Feb 14, 2009.

1. dhanners

dhanners Member

Please allow me to pipe in with similar words of praise. Really great work! It is particularly impressive when you consider that Carl churned these things out without any type of instructions for the builder. To take the pieces and assemble them into a great-looking model is really an accomplishment.
  2. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

You have excelled yourself with your payload pallet design:inw:
    You can see how much you have researched,you have designed and made every hinge and strapjawdropjawdrop

With all the extra details your LRV is a masterpiece:goldcup:

3. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Excellent build

Well done
  4. gpw

gpw Member

Mission accomplished!

I have just completed my add-ons for Surfduke´s LRV. I added additional bags, antenna and belts. Now the model is accomplished.

5. Robot Exodus

Robot Exodus Member

Incredible. It's so detailed that it looks like a top-quality scale model. Are you planning on adding a couple of astronauts to accompany it?
  6. dhanners

dhanners Member

Very nice build! Thanks for sharing the photos.
  7. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

OUTSTANDING model. Congratulations on a museum-quality job.
  8. ovation

ovation Member

Thats a fantastic model,I started the rover sometime ago,but without the instructions I had no real idea what I was building,so it got left very unfinished,
    If only I had the time to attempt it again !

Good to see someone not just completing it,but adding to make it one of the best space hardware models Ive seen,

Brilliant stuff :eek: :thumb:,

JJ.. (JJ-UK)
  9. james lea

james lea New Member

Fantastic workmanship you must be very proud of yourself :thumb:
  10. marcellino

marcellino New Member

hi folks :)

do you know where I can find construction of payload pallet for LRV, PLEASE?

it look so fantastic, but how we can made our own model without souce of this beautiful model :)

thank you for any advice
  11. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

12. Vince

Vince Member

Spectacular! And in 1/16 scale! Way too advanced for my current level. Bravo to you and Surfduke.
  13. marcellino

marcellino New Member

thanks for link, very nice, but not usefull to complet payload pallet :( any other idea? PLEASE :)
  14. marcellino

marcellino New Member

15. youngtiger1

youngtiger1 New Member

Wow, this is cool. I just saw the 1:1 scale Lunar Rover at the Museum of Flight in Seattle, WA. Yours looks very close to what I saw. Super!! I'll have to see if I can find this paper model for myself. Thanks for sharing.
  16. youngtiger1

youngtiger1 New Member

Oh, never mind...found it. I should have read your words rather than looking at the pics.
  17. marcellino

marcellino New Member

more and more photos comes every day
  18. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Nice blog marcellino. The Red shift of the pictures is from not enough light. External light, such as lamps, etc, can remove this. Good luck with it! :)
  19. vbsargent

vbsargent Member

The amber tone may also be from the nature of using incandescent light rather than sunlight. Incandescent bulbs have a warmer more yellow hue than natural light (the same way that florescent bulbs have a colder bluish tone). Try using a "fill" flash to neutralize and color correct the tones. This at least was the problem years ago when I worked with film photography, and it still seems to hold true with the digital cameras that I play around with these days. :mrgreen:
  20. marcellino

marcellino New Member