Supermarine Walrus

Discussion in 'Radio Control & Other Propulsion Methods' started by meatbomber, Dec 18, 2008.

1. meatbomber

meatbomber New Member

Hello guys !

i`ve built a Supermarine Walrus by the 1:200 scale plans of Dmitri Hotkin a free modell on Fanatyk Kartonu website.
    I scaled her up to 35cm wingspan or 13,7in.
    The plane is again using the Parkzone/Kyosho Minium equipment and the All up weight turned out to be 21g :)

She flies pretty nicely and i`m hoping to get her to ROW (rise of water) too!

Here the Pics, hope to have a video of it flying soon

Attached Files:

2. meatbomber

meatbomber New Member

and the finished plane

Attached Files:

3. Texman

Texman Guest

Seriously, your doing some really cool stuff here.

4. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Looks really great. An excellent choice! I would love to see video of it flying, and especially of it taking off from the water. Ray's right, really cool stuff.
  5. redhorse

redhorse Member

I don't get over to Zealot that much anymore, but seriously these are some of the coolest models I've seen! I've got to learn how to fly RC!
  6. meatbomber

meatbomber New Member

Thanks guys :) i`ve only started with micvro modells this year... and 2 things prooved to be a watershed for me... the discovery of durobatics (teh material i use now) and the Parkzone/Kyosho minium equipment... i had never tried before, built a Chris3D Micro Moth and lo and behold it flew !!! and it was 18g at my first try ... i was hooked! and now 12 modells this year later i`m even deeper hooked :D

i`ve added the main rigging wires to my Walrus, adds a lot to the looks and also INCREDIBLY to teh stiffness and stability of teh wing

Attached Files:

7. meatbomber

meatbomber New Member

8. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Absolutely wonderful, Phillip! I've never been into RC planes, but the thought of being able to build and fly the less familiar planes is very tempting!
    Well done and thanks for showing this!
  9. Alcides

Alcides Member

Incredible :eek: Very nice. C

Can I tell me a site to get info in this type of building and equipment?

10. meatbomber

meatbomber New Member

look up on search for meatbomber and you`ll find my building threads :)
  11. paperwarrior

paperwarrior New Member

That is a great model! :thumb:

This thread has inspired me to enhance my cardmodels. Now if I can just decide which one. :rolleyes:

Thanks for showing us this build!
  12. meatbomber

meatbomber New Member

thanks mate :) there is a new "brick" out from Spetrum that is now a full house 6 channel receiver so you can add ailerons and flaps/gear whatever you want :)