Supermarine Spitfire Mk Vb 1:33 Halinski

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by mirec, May 27, 2008.

1. mirec

mirec New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I want to show you my model. So here it is:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]I hope you will like it. enjoy:cool:
  2. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Welcome to the forums, Mirec.:thumb:

You've done a fine job of that spitfire,
    thanks for sharing.:thumb:

3. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Looks good! Nice seeing the engine fit in there. I'm considering adding that to mine when I build it.
  4. spitfire31

spitfire31 New Member

Hello Mirec,

Welcome! And let me tell you – in your pictures, only the spinner is a giveaway that your beautiful Spit is a card model. Very, very nice build indeed – congratulations!

In fact, it's so nice that it qualifies for some nitpicking. ;-)

The dropped elevator is spot on – virtually all parked Spits had the elevator hanging down.

The entry hatch would look even better if it didn't hang straight down; if you check photos, you'll notice that the open hatch is at an angle to the fuselage.

Also with photos as a reference, you almost never see a parked Spit with lowered flaps, except during service. But since the engine cowlings are off anyway (NICE engine!), maybe there's a function control of the flaps on the program...

Again, a stunningly impressive build! Hope to see more of your stuff soon!

5. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Same sentiments as Spitfire. The only giveaway is the spinner. From the rear, you could make it look real with an airfield background. Superb work!
  6. mirec

mirec New Member

Thanks for kind words. I appreciate it.I have a question. Is spinners a propeller?
    To Spitfire31: I wil fix open hatch and yes this spit is on maintainance so flaps are down. I want to build a base for it with grass or concrete and add some barrels and other stuff. Pictures later.
  7. spitfire31

spitfire31 New Member

Hello again Mirec,

The spinner is the pointed, conical cover for the propeller hub. Since representing double curvature is a limitation of card modelling, the spinner has to be approximated by constructing it in sections.

That slightly angular look with visible joints is what I referred to as a 'giveaway', but I couldn't see a way around it unless you were to cheat and use a vacformed plastic spinner...

Looking forward to your next pictures – your work is an inspiration.

8. bclemens

bclemens Member

Hi, Mirec. That is a fine bit of work! Thank you for joining the forum and thank you for sharing your model with us. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
  9. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Member

What a marvelous work of art! Quite simply amazing. Well done.
  10. loadmat

loadmat Member

Awesome job. Another way to "smooth out" the lines on the spinner, is to coat th spinner with white glue, sand it, then paint it.
  11. mauther

mauther Active Member

12. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

I wonder why the pictures are not getting displayed? I am willing to make a spitfire since a few months. Is it available for free anywhere? Or can any1 post the ling from where I could buy this one? Thanks!
  13. mirec

mirec New Member

My pictures are available again. I don't know why they disappeared.
    To atamjeet -> This Spit is a Halinski kit, it's a polish papermodel publisher . You can buy it on internet. You just have to find where.
  14. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

Thanks, now I am able to see the pics. Very beautifully completed. Congratulations.
    Spitfire is my dream model, porbably I will start off with a steam locomotive and then I will plan to make the Spitfire.
  15. pahorace

pahorace Member

Hi mirec,
    I have already seen this work on the network.
    It's truly impressive! Even strikes me studs reproduced above the panels of the model.