SuperBrain, NiMH, and false peaking

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by gattm99, Aug 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gattm99

gattm99 New Member

Hi, I recently got a superbrain 959 charger and a couple of cheap stickpacks, one is panasonic 3000s the other is panasonic 2400s both are NiMH, anyways it seems like my superbrain just can't charge these batteries without false peaking.

I charge the batteries after a full nites rest and they charge for seven minutes tops then kick over to the trickle charge. If i try to run them I get at most two laps. If I put them back on charge after they kick off it;s usually about 1 minute then they kick off again. If I wait awhile and put them back I might get another 7 minutes. I've done this repeatedly and was able to get 7 laps befoer the pack dumped but with a stock motor I know they should be doing more. This happens with both NiMH packs but it charges my NICd packs fine.

If anyone has any idea whats going on please let me know
  2. AzNDRAGster

AzNDRAGster New Member

The Superbrain had a lot of call backs. That charger is NOT a good charger.
  3. BOWTIE1

BOWTIE1 Member

how old is it?
  4. casey

casey Member

it might just be on like a charge wait because if nickel metals get hott while charging it kills cells feel the battery to see if its at all warm next time it does that
  5. Skullbasher

Skullbasher New Member

i use a superbrain and it works fine for me.. except a couple times it had a faulty peak but i just put it back on and charged all the way... maybey you got a faulty charger?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.