Super Tucano build

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Nothing, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

lately ive been losing steam on this as other projects and ideas vie for attention, but i gotta say, i put the other wing on and it looks great! now i have my energy for this back!!
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Plus it is now the picture of the week :) pretty rare for a work in progress to make POTW but we can already tell its gonna be a winner!
  3. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW... It definitely deserves to be in the POTW... jawdrop
  4. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

getting close to the end just a few more peices and paint.
  5. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

You make me proud for designing this model! Thank you very much!
  6. Wow, it turned out great!
  7. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

was on a roll today. one note. claudio provided bombs missiles and a fuel tank. i did not use them because i like the looks of this plane. sometimes i like to admire a plane for its lines without "stuff" hanging off it. this is a beautifull kit. it had a great fit and this is the best result ive ever had building. while sitting back looking at it i am truely stunned that this is a FREE kit. it is better than some of the ones ive payed for. :wave:a huge thank you to claudio for providing this kit!!:wave:
    tucano 027.jpg

tucano 028.jpg

tucano 029.jpg

tucano 030.jpg

tucano 031.jpg

tucano 032.jpg

also thanks for the encouraging words by all who have commented. and am also stunned that my WIP made POTW!! thank you.
  8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

a couple more shots:mrgreen:
    tucano 033.jpg

tucano 034.jpg
  9. lriera

lriera Member

Both the designer and the builder can be proud of your work. Thank you for sharing the design and the build.
  10. bclemens

bclemens Member

Congratulations on a fine piece of work, Nothing-
    That canopy really makes the model :thumb:

Congratulations as well, Claudio, for a fine design!

11. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Claudio, your name is become synonymous with great.
  12. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

You can say that again! bounce7
  13. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thank YOU for building it much much better than it was designed for.:thumb:

YOU made this kit superb!
  14. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thank you guys for all your nice words!

Nothing deserves all merit here. He is the guy!
  15. tazman3

tazman3 Model Designer Wannabe

What a great kit nothing...nothing, can I asked what you painted your kit with, how did you prepare the model for paint.....being paper I imagine you had to do something...

I'm like you, just amazed that this is a FREE KIT! many thanks to Claudio as well...
  16. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

no prep. i used the best match tester paint and went for it. i had to paint around the details and panel lines to preserve them. using a brush does leave the surface uneven and streaky, but ive found it leaves the impression of weathered use.
  17. tazman3

tazman3 Model Designer Wannabe

I can see that now that I've looked at the finished photos more, that is just a clean build. Looks like you did some weathering...around the panel lines as well? And you are right, it does give it a weathered look..I love it!
  18. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

the main reason i did this thread was so you could see someone build your kit. i guess my job is done.
  19. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

A big "thank you" to both Nothing and Claudio for sharing the kit and the build!! Magnificent build on a great kit!
  20. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Extraordinarily done!!!