Super Tucano build

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Nothing, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

fuselage coming along. iwas a liitle worried about the forward parts as they are only half fuselages up through the cockpit area. but the first one was no problem at all.

tucano 010.jpg
    tucano 011.jpg
  2. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

more fuselage and cockpit installed.fuselage went together pretty smoothly. i have some doubts as to the exact alignment of the cockpit. so well see if i got it right.
    tucano 012.jpg
  3. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Its looking great! bounce7
  4. Very nice! You've done a really good job so far. :thumb:
  5. lriera

lriera Member

I like it very much. Well done.
  6. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thanks guys.

the nose was a real pain for me. some complex curves around the scoop. i think i have it hashed out. looks bad at the moment but it will be cleaned up.
    as a side note, although claudio has provided some really good detailed wheels and gear, i whant to mount this on a stand so the gears will be closed.(i did aganize over this decision for awhile!)

tucano 013.jpg
    tucano 014.jpg
    tucano 015.jpg
  7. Indeed, that nose looks hard to make, yet you still made it very good! :smile:
  8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i started to do some preliminary clean up......and well got a little carried away!!

tucano 016.jpg
  9. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Great work on the nose sir!
  10. lriera

lriera Member

You have find your way very well on that nose. The overall airplane is looking very nice to me.
  11. Wow, it's getting better and better. I must make my own someday.
  12. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Wow. you make it look easy, which we all know it's not. Good Job. Your fast.
  13. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Hey Nothing, what are doing for cleanup. It looks like the colors are more vivid...
  14. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

claudio, after looking at references i noticed that the scheme has a hard edge, and the printed scheme had a feathered edge.that and the digital transfer from file to printer left the colors grainy and lined. so i ended up painting the wole thing by hand.

let me be clear here, this is not a dump on the kit. i use an epson printer and files created by certain programs do not print well. i dont know what was used to pdf this kit but i also have the same problem with julescrafters kits.

now i got the horizontals on.

tucano 017.jpg
    tucano 018.jpg
  15. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ive addedsome scoops,antenne and ive added the top running light and sensor behind the scoop.

tucano 019.jpg
  16. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

I chime on also to congratulate you, Nothing. The model is looking very good so far.

You managed it really nice on the nose!

And the model itself looks really well designed, as you have no major mistakes on it so far. Good for Claudio!
  17. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thank you milenio3. this is just an awsome kit. iam really just having a blast building it. i still cant beleive its a freebie!! this kit is better than some of the kits i have paid for. so far i have only 2 minor complaints.1: i wish the instructions had a more precise alignment position for the cockpit and 2:its not a standard scale. both very minor points.
  18. That looks REALLY good, well done! :cool:
  19. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Awesome! You're are a Master! :inw:

I'm thinking about releasing a new texture. The black version

What do you guys think?
  20. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

that would be cool. id like to see a shark nosed one also.

i dont know what country this one is of though.