Super Sized NBSG Viper MK-II

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by MTK, Apr 24, 2011.

1. MTK

MTK Active Member

You know, you seem to have a proprensity to try and minimize my efforts, and, or to take me to task on issues. I can tell you this.... Virtually all of the BSG models posted here come from the same source nif files from Bridge Commander.

I know of the cost of Meta, but I've already paid for it once, but have no proof from five years ago. I've covered this issue as well.

I just started uploading models for people to be able to build for themselves within the last year and I'm continually working to improve both the models, the textures, the graphics and the delivery method.

You've had access to the 1/350th Akira for months and even made statements about how you were going to work on it. Why not show some of that work. You seem to suffer from the same affliction that some other modelers suffer from. You'd rather look for flaws and errors in others work than to think out of the box and try to think... "What can I do to make this work, or what can I do to make this better?"

In virtually every discussion of this type and many times without there even being a discussion, I invite people to do what ever they like with the model, change the scale, the texture, etc.... and so on.

If you've got a working copy of Meta and the time and the know how.... By all means... I invite you to show me your brilliance!

As I stated in another thread, I've put out 50, or more models in less than a year, this does not include the resin models that I have in production, or in process, nor does it include any of the real life things that I have in process. So, show me what you got. You like to nit pick, show me what you got?

I started hosting my own models because I couldn't even get one uploaded here in more than a month. I started re-creating some of these models because I could not access the ones here and the only response I got from a couple of people here was "Get Firefox."

I do a hell of a lot more than just unfold these models and I would appreciate it if you would stop minimizing my efforts and maybe show some production yourself. It's easy to talk about others work, why not try to focus on what you can do?

If you are going to be an engineer you're going to have to learn to think for yourself and on how to extrapolate from given information and come up with your own theorys.

"Don't talk about it, Do it!":wave:
  2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Ok, so don't use Meta. You said in another thread you have Lightwave 9.6?
  3. MTK

MTK Active Member

Yeah, I've got LW9.6 I've only got a couple of models that I've posted that need anything done to them, I really didn't think it would be that big of an issue. I will definately make sure that I do not put any more models out that need any work done to them. I think I already posted that some where.
  4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

This thread is essentially the announcement of a FREE model. If you don't like it, don't download it. If suggestions about technique are discussed, then discuss them. Do not take "general statements" as personal attacks. The statement "moron modeler" was not directed to anyone. Certainly not to Beta-Builders, finding issues out is what makes a Beta-Builder! It could be interpreted many different ways. De-escalate, now, Please!

All models I have ever seen with very few exceptions are derivative works (Dented Rick excluded). So let's be real and change the tone. I would in a perfect world like to see people go back and EDIT out untoward statements. Prodigious use of Private Messages can solve many misunderstandings. I can't believe I actually have to type that out ! wall1
  5. MTK

MTK Active Member

Exactly! I definately did not mean to offend the beta builders. I like the constructive input, I want to know what people want as far as making better models. I suppose I should just take some of the nit-picky stuff for action and not give it to much thought. I've been wanting to make the models that people want to build. That has been and still is my goal, but I am taking a little time off from the making and building for now.

6. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

FWIW, I sincerely apologize.

I did not mean to minimize your efforts. In fact, I had planned on building the Viper eventually, as soon as I got back in the mood for paper modeling.

It's easy for me to forget that my comments can come across negatively. Please don't take it that way! I don't mean offense with anything I say here, and I don't want to discourage. I do have a habit of giving advise where it isn't invited, but that comes from when I was first designing models and wanted people's advise. Most were tight-lipped about sharing their techniques with me, so I decided to be the opposite. However, few people take offense, so I haven't stopped doing it. In fact, I've been thanked quite a few times for pointing out something in a program or a particular technique that the other person was having a hard time with. This time though, I was wrong to do so.

I'm sorry about the way that sounded. I've never had a problem with people disliking me because of advise I give, but I won't comment if it causes this much turmoil. If you have a problem with me in the future, please tell me. I'm not here to discourage people from designing, and if I do so, I'm sorry and I will try to keep from doing whatever it is that offends said person.

Again, I'm truly sorry that little post and others like it caused hurt. You've been pursued by people who would like to tear your virtual head off. I'm not one of them, and in fact will try to keep those people from doing any more damage. But I realize I might have sounded like one of them.

I hope we can sort this out with no more damage done to either party. You're a credit to the community, and driving you away is the last thing I want to do.
  7. MTK

MTK Active Member

No worries, it's not a big deal. Keep on Trekkin!=/\=

8. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I thought this was a BSG thread?? sign1
  9. MTK

MTK Active Member

Well, yes it is, but I've known MF from other boards fro some time and know that he is a big Star Trek fan, besides, you can be a BSGer and still enjot The Trek.:mrgreen:
  10. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Unless you're a member of sign1
  11. seakrakken

seakrakken Member

I being of nil skills as pertains to design of card models am always admiring the creativity and spectactular offerings that members of this thread post here.
    I appreciate what everyone does here.
    I will soon have more time on my hands and look forward to building and, maybe even giving back to this group.
    MTK, Please do not be discouraged.
    I look with great interest all of your works.
  12. MTK

MTK Active Member

Dude, I haven't got a giving up bone in my body. I've stood against a small collective of haters and bashers for more than five years and never stopped creating, never stopped making models, basses, brass etch, decals, blueprints, cg models, card models...... ad infinitum. I'm not going to stop now. I may fall back and regroup, change tactics, teach myself a new skill, or work silently on a new project, but I will not give up!:thumb:
  13. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I second that!! :thumb:
  14. MTK

MTK Active Member

Wulf111 is working on this ship while I work on reffernces.