Super Frelon SA321 Helicopter Paper Model ?

DaveyBoy

Mar 28, 2014
Hello, Does anyone know of a paper model of the Super Frelon SA321 Helicopter by any chance ?, I'm not really bothered by the scale to be honest....

Thanks in advance.

Dave.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
One is available for sale at ecardmodels, if I remember correctly. :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That is a horrid representation. Not representative of what ECardmodels has to offer. I'd remove it. The first picture is what a Super Frelon looks like:

21_1.jpg

I have no idea what this is:

Aerospatiale_SA-321_Super_Frelon_6.jpg

Reactions: DaveyBoy

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Oops - where is the nose-mounted radar? ... Well, it could be scratched..! ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I am actually pretty far along on this model, but I won't lie, it will be some time. It's a PUMA, essentially a smaller version of the Super Frelon. The model you want is made by ABC, and it is a really nice model. The one at ECarmodels has no shape to it. That has to be one of the crappiest models I have seen of a helicopter. They actually got the nose so round, They should try and make the helicopter from the M.A.S.H. T.V. show, as that round nose would be great. I started designing a model of it because I have a plastic model of it, and the fuselage is around 15 inches long, has a full interior, and has 12 soldiers. It is an excellent reference source.

I have a pic of the front page. It would be worth paying for the shipping, then scanning the model, keeping the original untouched, for future reference, or if you mess up.
Cover_front.jpg

Last edited:

DaveyBoy

Mar 28, 2014
@ zathros, I've just this minute brought the ECard Super Frelon Israeli version, & downloaded the pdf zip file (at time of typing this not yet unzipped & looked at) so as this will be my first ever card model to make I've got to get ink for my printer & find what thickness card I need etc.

Plus I may want to rescale the model to a smaller scale so I've some how got to learn how to resize the printer.

Dave.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Do your self a favor, make the model just as it is. Set the printer to "Borderless, then set the printer to let the printer select the paper from the source file, this way all the parts will be the right size. Scaling down works out O.K. because you are going smaller, but smaller models are more difficult to make. I was going to make this for my wife because she finances aircraft and helicopters, but I get pulled away by other things, like maintaining the house!! You should be able to scale this to fit our needs if you are going smaller. If you go bigger, let me know, and I will split it up and make the adjustments. I do not know the scale of the ECardmodel copter, but it is so off, I don't know if that could be trusted. I am letting you "use" this, it is mine!! RN2.jpg RN2.jpg

Last edited:

DaveyBoy

Mar 28, 2014
@ Zathros, Thank you so much for the share, the ECard model is scaled @ 1:53 scale.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
It may be scaled @ 1:53, but since it looks nothing like the original (real) helicopter, I don't know what that means. Measure the length of the front edge before whatever they put for a cockpit. I can then measure the edge of the parts here, then match the lengths. You may have to do some "finagling", but that's part of the fun. :)

DaveyBoy

Mar 28, 2014
Zathros, Sorry I've taken so long to answer your post, I will measure the length but I do not know when out side pressures are a bit heavy at the moment...Sorry.

I will get back to you asap.

Best Wishes,

Dave.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Whenever is good with me. It's the diameter that this will mount to, or the actual shape and some reference diameters, that's important. :)