sunny day

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Marxed, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Marxed

Marxed Member

think summer :D

Attached Files:

2. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Lets see we have strong blizzard conditions that have dumped 7 foot plus drifts in the farm lane. I keep filling the coal furnace every three hours with the dropping temperature and high winds. I have an eight-foot snow blower but it is on my cab less tractor. The darn dog still has to go out every two hours. My daughter wants to go sledding in the pasture but I can't see the pasture.

And you have to say think summer!!!!!!!!!!![/FONT]
  3. nachoman

nachoman Guest

Hehe, I am going to go home and pull weeds from my garden and plant some flowers and eat some ice cream. :D

GREAT photo, marxed!

4. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Prototypical be darned. There's still nothing quite like the site of an O gauge tinplate locomotive bearing down on you. :cool:

Great shot!
  5. Marxed

Marxed Member

my goal was to take photos of the tinplate passenger cars with this engine, since you liked both, but somehow i got this shot and heres the result. more will follow with the passenger cars eventually.

the only think that i'm kicking myself for is forgetting to dust off the front of the engine :D

btw, does anyone have any advice for polishing that thing?
  6. Cannonball

Is that the actual metal or is it a silver finish?
    If it's unfinished metal, you might try good old fashioned silverware polish.
  7. Marxed

Marxed Member

it is actual metal... it's doing pretty darn well for being how many years old!! it's never been repainted or touched up
  8. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Cool photography, for some reason it wasn't there when I first posted. Why do you place the large copyright on it? With your ok can I repost your photo just to show you what it takes me less than 30 secs to do?

I just think all the copyright stuff takes away from the photo when it only takes secs for any one to remove it.
  9. Marxed

Marxed Member

I'm a professional this field and I've studied media law. it's just a detourant from having it ending up reposted. this forum gets dug though by google, and it will eventually find it's way on google images or one of the many other image search stuff. if someone wants it bad enough and have the skill to remove it, i really don't care. After posting this image here, i posted it without that copyrighted logo on it on other places that are not under google's eyes. I've seen numerous layouts, photos, designs, and trademarked work being reposted. i have also experienced cases where individuals have posted forums which ended up being used for commerical web use, as in bringing in a profit to the person who copied it. and yes, i know it's easy... I've edited out TONS of watermarks and logos from everything from wedding photos from professional photographers to taking images from video/flash works. I have seen photoshop CS3, yes CS3. If you want to edit it out, i give you my permission to edit out my copyright mark, just as long as it isn't reused or reposted anywhere else without my consent. if you don't like it. I'm sorry. If you would enjoy a slightly larger copy without the logo on it, ask me, and i will email it to you. I know nobody is going to steal this or use it for profit. I just don't want it re-used.
  10. Cannonball

Ok... now that we've gone through the legal mumble jumble, I gotta know how you got that plane in there.
  11. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Yes as you can tell I have no love for copyrights plastered all over photographs. I figure the best way to keep an image from being copied is to never place it on the Internet.

As you can tell I do respect the copyrights that is why I asked. For those that don’t know you should always ask permission prior to using or even reposting an image you do not own. Since you are well versed there is no need to post it as a clean version unless someone would like to see the power of what digital can do.

You did a real nice job on the photograph, for some reason the size limitation is giving me grief on the ones I have posted. I guess I will work that out some day down the road.

People think Trains are an expensive hobby but when you have to invest $600 plus just for software programs photograph ranks a little higher in the cost.

From my point of view the copyright doesn’t offer any protection and just takes away from the beauty of a photograph. It is just to easy to defeat but I won’t dwell on that subject.

I’m looking forwarded to seeing some more photographs. I think since you are well versed we can agree that the size of the photograph is small and really makes it useless for any commercial value.

[FONT=&quot]I do have one question though if you take a photography of a copyrighted image such as a train logo can you then sale that image without getting approval to use that copyrighted logo?

Thanks for the permission you do nice work.[/FONT]
  12. Marxed

Marxed Member

if you take a photo of a train, you can sell it. if you take a close up of just the logo, like really close, your selling the logo, which can get you in trouble. in reality, with trains and hobbies, most companies would not care. technically you can do alot, and technically, companies can sue for alot.... alot companies don't want there logos sold on or as novelty items without them getting afew cents from it.... and then theres the cost of lawyers verse the cost of having it infringed... theres just endless abouts of details of things than apply. if your planning on doing something like this, feel free to ask me and I'll lend you a hand.

as for the size, ya, it's small but it's still useable, i am sorry about how it took up alot of the picture, i usually do not make them that big but i was rushing and made it bigger than i usually do. i have a usual watermark but i didn't want to use that on here, so i just typed that on quickly. i ussually just do invisible text with a shadow or something like that in the bottom corner.

for size limitations, the limits here are obscurely tight, go here:

upload your images there and then you can post decent quality pics at larger sizes. it's free.

i much as annoyed as i one could think i am, i do appreciate your critique, it did raise some good questions. but for the fun of the trains, lets stick to chatting about them :)
  13. Marxed

Marxed Member

i found it on google images, then i just pasted it in and drew the white stuff... then played with settings to make it seem distant
  14. Cannonball

Well... bummer.
    I thought you had a little model plane hanging on your layout. :D
  15. Dave Farquhar

Dave Farquhar Member

My wife walked in while I had the picture up. She loved it. She said it looked surreal. She's a certified art teacher, so she's seen a lot of good stuff and a lot of thrown-together junk.

I recognize the Marx CV and M10000, and the Plasticville switch tower, but what's the van parked in front of the tower? I don't recognize that (but I really like it).

Also, is the smoke an effect, or did you fit a smoke unit into your CV?
  16. Marxed

Marxed Member

:) tell your wife i said thank you!!!!!!! :D

i drew in the smoke, and the van is an rather old toy, i can look at it in more detail to give you more information and photos later. I'm trying not to modify any engines that are original.

btw, i'm reuploading the image above, but without the copyrighted thing over the CV
  17. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Ahhh, Marxed...

I see you're back to your trains...Good for all of us who are hooked on tinplate (although I do model HO, there's a BIG place in my heart for tinplate...). Just don't keep us waiting so long for fantastic pics...!!!:D
  18. Dave Farquhar

Dave Farquhar Member

I told her. If you upload more pics she wants to see them.

I know people have made smoking CVs but it's not easy. Usually they take a Marx 666 or a Lionel motor assembly and modify the motor to fit. That way they can still revert the CV back to original if they want.

It's always good to see pics that cast tinplate in a favorable light. Especially Marx tin. It gets more respect than it did 10 years ago, but I still see derogatory things about Marx on other forums sometimes.
  19. Marxed

Marxed Member

when modifying the CV to smoke, that affects the light position too, huh? i take it those people haven't ran there CVs at night! the smoke stack has a red color filter and the headlight beams the most perfect round spotlight you'll ever see from a train! it's a whole different world at night! I've been hesitant to modify any of them, I've just loved them all the way they were.

and for the people who don't like marx, they are really missing out!

more pics will come along :

not intended to be a show pic, but it's a cool pic of the CV, pardon the fuzzball on the wheel, it was sitting on a towel before i sat it down there

Attached Files:

20. Marxed

Marxed Member

I've never left them! :thumb:

i'm glad you enjoy them :D